• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

I now too have started 2 seeds really early for growing indoors under lights as I can't wait any longer for next year! Been checking daily for hooks for the last 3 days .... These plants are so cool !

These look awesome!  I have some scotch bonnets growing,  but they look nothing like these!  Wonder what the taste difference is?    Followed   :D

hello all, thought i might join in on this.

I received some MoA's from Steve954.. i am canadian and well our growing season is pretty much at the end, ( of the out door season anyways ) but i couldnt wait.

planted 21 on the 17th of september, and i have 3 hooks as of yesterday.... i plant to grow these plants indoors all winter, and take them out next spring... will be getting some lights to grow these plants BIG i hope!!

Congrats on your germ rate, I had 4 of 5 germ.  2 of 3 had helmets, and one of those I killed trying to free.  The one remaining helmet is about off and two plants are enough for me to have a go at growing this early for next season.  With the all the OW I am planning, 2 will be enough.

just thought i would throw out an update... 20 for 21.. not bad for first crack... that is cells... i placed 2 in some, and they all came up... i managed to kill 3, that had helmet head... i couldnt free it and well... i have PLENTY!!!

all have small sprouts showing their first true sets of leaves!!   my LED grow light will be in tomorrow i hope... i will place them on 10 hr light to start... right now they are pretty tall, i guess they arent getting enough hours of light.... and growing high, instead of short and stout like i see on most... some are 3" tall with there first 2 leaves still.... but all looking pretty healthy!!

my bottom self watering tray is doing well!!! it has a water wicking mat, that goes into the bottom water tray... feeds them all as they require... no problems yet.

i will try to get some pics up later..

Back