food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

I looked into my crystal ball tonight, and I think I saw you ...

B_7XE2mW4AA_sED.jpg

Nice ...

Booma has me all jacked up - he cooked stuffed shells and I can't stop thinking about them, now.

I'd just professed my love in the TD thread, last week.

Want shells ... and now, too, your doing Italian sausage ...

All that needs to happen is someone posts cheesy garlic bread and I'll be hitting a 24 hr walmart, lol.

grantmichaels said:
Nice ...

Booma has me all jacked up - he cooked stuffed shells and I can't stop thinking about them, now.

I'd just professed my love in the TD thread, last week.

Want shells ... and now, too, your doing Italian sausage ...

All that needs to happen is someone posts cheesy garlic bread and I'll be hitting a 24 hr walmart, lol.
Don't make me turn my rolls into cheesy garlic rolls for the hot sausages! 

Considering I've been eating wings all day that look just like that, that taste almost as good cold as they did last night hot, I can easily trust ...

Always amazed when I get tandoor chicken that it's so actually dry, and so tasty despite that - it's almost like they get it to 15% jerky in the tandoor ...

So glad I bought my brisket a week back...cannot find a whole one now at all but only small flat for corned beef. WSM is ready, just need to walk downstairs in AM tomorrow and light it, mustard, salt and pepper the brisket and get my smoke on! 

Sweet!

I'm humping out house after house all this weekend, so I can have Monday night completely free so I can have a pickle making and beer brewing and coffee roasting evening ...

Three 1st's in a night!

woot, it's like an ADHD party! :party:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
So glad I bought my brisket a week back...cannot find a whole one now at all but only small flat for corned beef. WSM is ready, just need to walk downstairs in AM tomorrow and light it, mustard, salt and pepper the brisket and get my smoke on!
Hope to do the exact same thing....if I can only get out of this car dealership, go home and get my WSM ready for tomorrow morning. Chris do you do the "texas crutch" method?

tctenten said:
Hope to do the exact same thing....if I can only get out of this car dealership, go home and get my WSM ready for tomorrow morning. Chris do you do the "texas crutch" method?
I will be wrapping just prior to the stall and carrying it until it reaches temp...wrap more and put in the freshly cleaned out cooler :) Did I mention those shell fish from December really stunk? 
Can't wait for some burnt ends!

small but 12 pounds and whole

11018365_1645993328962798_1527609323_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I will be wrapping just prior to the stall and carrying it until it reaches temp...wrap more and put in the freshly cleaned out cooler :) Did I mention those shell fish from December really stunk? 

Can't wait for some burnt ends!

small but 12 pounds and whole

11018365_1645993328962798_1527609323_n.jpg

Looking forward to the burnt ends ;)

OIC you already said that, now ... lol.

Every description I've seen of doing them has seemed like a PITA ...

That said, I don't like the way the point slices, and I'm either going to pull it, or perhaps after you show us how it's done, make burnt ends on future cooks ...

The sliced point pales in comparison to the flat. Not in taste, but in texture ...

If the meat's still tasty and juicy, there's too much intersitial fat for my preference ...

If you take it over 200F and tighten up that same fat, the meat loses it's je ne sais quoi ...

So - I'm watching =)

grantmichaels said:

Looking forward to the burnt ends ;)

OIC you already said that, now ... lol.

Every description I've seen of doing them has seemed like a PITA ...

That said, I don't like the way the point slices, and I'm either going to pull it, or perhaps after you show us how it's done, make burnt ends on future cooks ...

The sliced point pales in comparison to the flat. Not in taste, but in texture ...

If the meat's still tasty and juicy, there's too much intersitial fat for my preference ...

If you take it over 200F and tighten up that same fat, the meat loses it's je ne sais quoi ...

So - I'm watching =)
You mean burnt ends...I have no clue on what I am doing. :)

10450089_816484571718604_4783169330727267133_o.jpg

Back