food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

JoynersHotPeppers said:
OK guess I'll get this turkey going :)

11074998_10203640115907832_9167708741665067374_n.jpg
Is this the Minion Method? 

The most important thing is tomorrow (or Wed) ...

Tonight I compared my leftover jerk wings off the wood, w/ my leftover jerk wings off the lump, w/ my leftover jerk wings w/ Walkerswood off the lump in a 3-way ...

Burning the pimento lump is easily as effective as cooking on the rods, and I think the pimento might even be more prevalent ...

The WW paste was a bit more savory, or at least a bit more dynamic, but considerably worse texturally while eating ...

The real test will come tomorrow, or Wednesday latest, when I run another dual cook, with full marinade time, and cook WW wings on the rods on the Weber, and a follow up batch of homemade "jerk" wings on the pimento lump in the Akorn that I get to marinade overnight this time, and which will be powering-up w/ a beautiful Jay's Peach Bhut from Wicked mike ...

;)

I have a pair still vac packed (WW on pimento lump) to be able to compare WW on lump w/ WW on rods ...

I have a feeling the answer for my household, having the (frugal) Akorn, will turn out of be a customized jerk seasoning and cooking on lump, not the rods ... but we'll see.

Back