• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown - Comfort Food, 2 Sides!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. He's polishing your crown for you :D

My crown ain't goin' nowhere.......:lol:

I haven't really got any chance because of this bloody 2 sides rule...:D, but i'll give it a crack anyway.

moyboy said:
It's just that everyone (this is a world wide forum) has different views on 'comfort food' and that's why this is a good throw down due to the amount of different meals that we will see but I think that for a large number of people, 'comfort' food is a single dish affair. I have never and will never have additional sides with any of my comfort food unless it's a bread roll or something 100% totally quick and easy.......(I will only be adding them for this throwdown, which then isn't a true representation of my comfort food).IMO, it's not only comfort because you enjoy eating but also because it's dead simple to make........

I know i'm being agrumentitive about it but it seems that there are 2 sides to this throwdown and it's getting close to the start date and people are still very unsure.......

Sorry to be an a**hole but there it is.

Hmmm, I'm not usually like this.......I must need a drink.:lol:

I totally agree. I can't see any of my favorite comfort foods having any sort of side dish, they are all just too good for sides

POTAWIE said:
I totally agree. I can't see any of my favorite comfort foods having any sort of side dish, they are all just too good for sides

I knew it. One Aussie starts a pissup and there's sure to be a Canuk to pile on....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok , so this will be my first Throwdown . I know it's for November . What's the deadline to enter ? Wifey wants me to cook "lite" this week ..... weak ...eh ?

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I'll assume Friday, Nov. 6th is when it starts...the first weekend of Nov. eh?

Heh, I wouldn't normally do sides for much of anything...living by yerself ya don't often make whole "meals" per se. Buttttt, it's a Throwdown, so yeeehaaaw!

QuadShotz ,

I understand what you're saying. Because my wife's family and mine for the most part are gone we never make meals that looked like the old days ! Those wonderful Christmas meals ..... dozens of sides , dozens of sweets , several meats.

Thanks for dead line info ,

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I've had only ONE DISH and one dish only that has enetered my mind since I saw this thread....

....Like Marty McFly would say: It's Density!

well, THP, your sides look like comfort food to me ;)

To enter there is a throwdown thread somewhere that I join to read all the rules?

My personal comfort foods are one pot meals, but my best friend and I cooking together- yeah, theres at least three dishes goin' -and margaritas!

Celeste, this is the thread where the rules for the November Throwdown are posted. Just go to the first post. Also, the throwdowns are held the first weekend of every month. You can also go to the Social Group for Throwdowns under the Community Tap at the top of the page.

Sounds like fun, cooking with a friend while drinking margaritas.

Ok THP. I am on board. I have been giving some thought to this and think I have come up with a good plan.

Pepperfreak said:
Celeste, this is the thread where the rules for the November Throwdown are posted. Just go to the first post. Also, the throwdowns are held the first weekend of every month. You can also go to the Social Group for Throwdowns under the Community Tap at the top of the page.

Sounds like fun, cooking with a friend while drinking margaritas.

So, just an entree with two sides? we have to post the pics by the first friday, If I read it right? or do we have all weekend to cook? Actually will probly cook earlier in the week, as I generally work weekend evenings. (I went and did some searching after I posted my question, goofy noob, and I dont remember, I'll have to go read it again). I'll call Kat!:onfire:

No you can't start early. Sorry.
Not just a meal with two sides... Comfort Food.

Usually the Throwdown starts Friday night and ends on Sunday. So yep sounds like you got it. Hope you have fun with it, that is the main goal.

I'm going to raise my ugly head again and stir the pot!!!!!! So sue me (or ban me).....

:Stands on soap box:

This is a very broad uncertian Throwdown........All the others before it were well defined and we all knew what it was all about: Poppers, food on a stick, Sausages etc.....All pretty clear cut food, but this one is up for too much interpretation.

What if someones idea of comfort food is a stirfry but others don't think so?? What 2 sides do you put with a stirfry (that you would always put with a stirfry - not just for this throwdown)?

You may not agree with me and that's fine but I just think that throwdowns need to be a bit more black and white in the future without so much grey area.......

Come on man, read the thread, all of your questions have been answered. You're repeating yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back