• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

video Now those are what you call a scotch bonnet!

If 34°C is winter then I don't want to know what your summers are like...
Feel relaxed already by watching that clip 😄

Last edited:
I just ordered a few packs of these, had to they are perfect specimens and it’s rare to find a breeder that grows no other plants to avoid cross contamination *and* selects seed stock from only the properly shaped pods.

Great link guys thanks for posting it up 👍

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly call them vigorous. They were certainly not among the strongest seedlings in my experience...

I think he saves seeds by looks. He does a video where he ranks them as class a seeds, class b seeds, etc. Kinda like how the MOA in Jamaica defines it.

I was looking around today and noticed these folks now have an Etsy shop where you can order seeds.
Link here.
Shipping costs on etsy are really high (€16.38)... way more than what I paid when I ordered mine...

Indeed, when I enter a US postal code, shipping is free...
Fortunately I have my seeds in hand already 😁

I just ordered a few packs of these, had to they are perfect specimens and it’s rare to find a breeder that grows no other plants to avoid cross contamination *and* selects seed stock from only the properly shaped pods.

Great link guys thanks for posting it up 👍
My understanding is that selecting the best pods is a flawed technique. Entire plants should be selected for their traits, rather than individual pods. A seed from a badly shaped pod, from a plant that produces mostly properly shaped pods, is fine for seeds. A seed from a perfectly shaped pod, from a plant that produces only rare properly shaped pods, is the bad choice.

I absolutely agree. Nevertheless they manage to grow plants that produce very nice looking fruits...

My understanding is that selecting the best pods is a flawed technique. Entire plants should be selected for their traits, rather than individual pods. A seed from a badly shaped pod, from a plant that produces mostly properly shaped pods, is fine for seeds. A seed from a perfectly shaped pod, from a plant that produces only rare properly shaped pods, is the bad choice.
A good point. They should select best looking pods and re-cross and keep it going until you start to get only a good looking pods :)

Back