• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Nutterz – Nuclear, Bacon Cheddar and Crab Flavor

Nutterz – Nuclear, Bacon Cheddar and Crab Flavor

Manufacturer: B More Nutz

In addition to the Chili Nutterz that DickT from BMoreNutz.com sent, he also included Nuclear Nutterz, Crab Flavor Nutterz and Bacon Cheddar Nutterz.

First off, the packaging on these are ok, but they could stand some ironing out. I like the larger bags, and the “crimpable,” fold-down top very much. It makes it easy to break out and put away without having to scour my kitchen drawers for a chip-clip that I may or may not even own. I don’t remember the first bag being so difficult to open, but I had to break out scissors for the second one. The labels on the front, while the artwork is cool, are unprofessionally applied (i.e. they’re noticeably off-center, so they look a bit slap-dash). I assume at some point the labeling process is going to be automated somehow to make it look tidier, or the sticker will be forgone altogether and the label applied directly on the bag by way of laser printing, ion cannon or neutrino emitting phase disrupter. Whatever it takes.

Nuclear Nutterz

Ingredients: Peanuts, potato starch, sugar, flour, peanut oil, corn meal, egg whites, salt, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, xanthan gum, dehydrated onion and garlic, oleoresin paprika, chili, habanero pepper and soy bean oil.

The Nuclear Nutterz taste nearly identical to the Chili Nutterz, save for the fact that these have some kick. I can eat them non-stop, and they’ll start to tingle after a couple mouthfuls, but they never get overwhelming (or even very hot, to me). That said, I’ve given them to a few friends and some have had to take small breathers in between handfuls. In that light, it seems to me they’re about the perfect heat for mass consumption. I would still greatly like to see a hotter version for the masochist community (which I understand is in the works). It's everything I loved about the Chili Nutterz with just a bit of heat - they're simply awesome.

Overall: 9/10

Crab Flavor Nutterz

Ingredients: Peanuts, potato starch, sugar, flour, peanut oil, corn meal, egg whites, salt, sodium bicarbonate, celery salt, spices (including pepper, mustard, all spice, cloves, mace, ginger, cinnamon) and paprika.

First, I’d like to say something for the record. These are not crab flavored. They are flavored with the same seasoning used for Maryland crab cakes. In this aspect, they could definitely remind someone of crab, if they’re familiar with crab cakes prepared in this style. I, myself, am not. On the other hand, it seems cumbersome to label the product “Crab Cake Seasoning Flavored Nutterz,” so I certainly can’t blame him for the condensed (albeit, inaccurate) name. Dick told me that the Crab Flavor Nutterz are favored at his preferred watering hole. I personally don’t agree, but that’s because I just prefer the Nuclear ones…

The dominant flavor in the Crab Flavor Nutterz is celery salt. The allspice and cloves are subtle, and the other spices are pretty undetectable. I love celery salt, so I’m totally comfortable with that. The funny thing is, because of the heavy celery salt, these taste like Wiener Nutterz to me. So as not to cause confusion, here’s an explanation:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE4DA1131F930A25752C1A9649C8B63

Overall: 8/10

Bacon Cheddar Nutterz

Ingredients: Peanuts, potato starch, sugar, flour, peanut oil, corn meal, egg whites, salt, sodium bicarbonate, cheese powder (pasteurized milk salt, cheese cultures, enzymes), whey, maltodestrin, sugar, salt, msg, onion and garlic, citric acid, oleoresin paprika, soy bean oil.

Visually, these are totally different. They’re almost white – compared to the orangish, brownish look of the other Nutterz, which I’m sure is due to the cheddar cheese powder. These things are redonkulously bacony. After a few moments, the cheddar settles in and they actually taste like Smartfood – one of my favorite childhood snacks. I don’t know how they taste so bacony, it seems impossible for their size. I’m wondering if they are perhaps made in a bacon factory, and the flavor just leeches through the air like an ether, possessing the Nutterz with the souls of a thousand bacon strips. Mmmmm… Bacon souls…

Overall: 8.5/10

Combined Overall: 9/10

I realize the average would be 8.5, but it wouldn’t be fair to ignore the fact that B More Nutz consistently creates superior products, all of which are highly, highly addictive. In fact, if this review were to get any longer, that score would surely creep up…

Thank you again, Dick. I’m looking forward to your new flavors – I know you have a few more in the works!

Attachments

• DSC01759sm.jpg
    DSC01759sm.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 256
In my defense on a crooked label, I sometimes apply the labels after 5:00 at which time I have entered the liquor cabinet.

How would a fellow in the midwest get his hands on a bag of the Bacon-Cheddar tasties? The description by klyth almost had me doing the Homer drool.

DickT said:
In my defense on a crooked label, I sometimes apply the labels after 5:00 at which time I have entered the liquor cabinet.

Hahah! Nice... If I'm ever down your way I demand to do some drunken labelling with you!

patrick said:
How would a fellow in the midwest get his hands on a bag of the Bacon-Cheddar tasties? The description by klyth almost had me doing the Homer drool.

Patrick, you can order them online, pepperheads get taken care of, keep spiders in Neb please.

oh man (no matter how I say this im screwed lol) dicks nuts are awsome lol cheddar bacon..once you start you cant stop...nuclear well you like heat that bag isnt going down..not overbearing but just awsome...well crab..I was curious on that one..I loved it that bag didnt last too long lol.Ive brought his products to work..everyone likes them..Well when a bag says nuclear no one trusts me lol but the one that like heat like them...Just an all around good product...

Now that I am settling into my new home, I so gotta get me some of these. Maybe a trip to Frederick, MD is in the near future. I also got to get me a tour of the facility before the weather gets cold.

Nice review Klyth.

Great Review Klyth and Dick wish you sold these in the U.K Keep us warm in the winter..Really great range you have :)

These things are AWESOME! I got my tub about a week ago and its nearly gone. Need to slow down but can't. Well done Dick, this is the single greatest snack I have ever put in my mouth!

Thanks again guys, the bacon flavor which is so strong is a secret, an expensive one at that, Its about 5 bucks a pound more than the other spices. Can't wait to produce a really hot one.

DickT said:
Thanks again guys, the bacon flavor which is so strong is a secret, an expensive one at that, Its about 5 bucks a pound more than the other spices. Can't wait to produce a really hot one.

What it if I send you some of my Fatalli powder after it's ready you could make a test run... How much do you think you'd need?

JayT said:
What it if I send you some of my Fatalli powder after it's ready you could make a test run... How much do you think you'd need?

would it be possible to get 1/2 of a pound or at least a 1/4 pound, where does Fatalli fall in the heat scale. Thanks J T

Back