• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest P2K 5-Crown TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing alcohol is considered a staple and not to be included in the budget.
That wasn't listed. So in a $5 meal you could cook with any liquor, even expensive liquor?

Maybe just say all liquids?

Not me. Setting rules bro. Who wants to see a $5 meal with some expensive loophole. I've got some Kobe beef I just shot. Hmm. Yes, I hunt cows :lol:

You're right, you are dramatic lately.

P2K what's your latest staples list?

Are you thinking of another challenge instead? :lol:

: P2K sees how hard this is like when FD4 had to do the waffle challenge :

Enough of this talking about the TD and ignoring the off topic crap!

I won't hear a word against the mankini. It was THE fashion statement of the 2010s We should all wear it with pride :dance:

P2K what's your latest staples list?

Are you thinking of another challenge instead? :lol:

: P2K sees how hard this is like when FD4 had to do the waffle challenge :

Indeed.

I think we'll stick with the list you and I came up with earlier.

.....and now for the DRAMA:

I leave for Little Creek the first weekend in August and will be gone most of the month.....SOOOOOOO.....I need to get my entry in early early early on that Friday or Sat morning!!!

It's a good thing we're doing a 5 dollar challenge. There'd be nobody here to eat the week-long leftovers! :rofl:

That wasn't listed. So in a $5 meal you could cook with any liquor, even expensive liquor?

Maybe just say all liquids?

Did I say the booze was for "COOKING"? ;) You mean, it's NOT a staple? :)

Pauly, is the staples list posted earlier in the thread? I remember some talk, not sure if I saw the actual list.

Pauly, is the staples list posted earlier in the thread? I remember some talk, not sure if I saw the actual list.

Here it is. I mentioned some items and Dan expanded on them. I think this is a very ample pantry....considering you could make several meals based solely on the listed ingredients! :lol:

Staples allowed (if you have to buy them, but them separately):
Milk/Cream
Butter
Eggs
Flour/Corn Starch
Oils
Herbs/Spices
Salt & Pepper
Prepared Condiments

As for alcohol, I'm gonna say that your "meal drink" doesn't have to appear on your $5 receipt....but I'll let Dan referee....;)

Yea, I was just joking around about alcohol being a "staple". If it's actually used in the dish/meal, it should probably count towards the $5

Add Sweeteners (sugar, agave) and Acids (vinegar, bottle lime not fresh) and we should be good w/staples.

Lookin good on the staples. Just wondering if there's a decision on the peppers....

For the sake of throwing my two penneth in, I think it's cool that growers can include their peppers and not have to count them against the $5, but I think it would only be fare if non-growers or people who don't have anything ready to harvest, should be able to buy their peppers without including them on the list?? - otherwise it would be an unfair penalty, in my humble opinion...I'm looking at a minimum of $1.25 if I have to buy my peppers, which is a big chunk of 5 buckaroos...

I don't want to sound like a whining old twit, but.....well I guess I am :lol:

Wadia Fink ?

EDIT - or maybe this got resolved already and I missed it (been in a haze since Monday)

Lookin good on the staples. Just wondering if there's a decision on the peppers....

For the sake of throwing my two penneth in, I think it's cool that growers can include their peppers and not have to count them against the $5, but I think it would only be fare if non-growers or people who don't have anything ready to harvest, should be able to buy their peppers without including them on the list?? - otherwise it would be an unfair penalty, in my humble opinion...I'm looking at a minimum of $1.25 if I have to buy my peppers, which is a big chunk of 5 buckaroos...

I don't want to sound like a whining old twit, but.....well I guess I am :lol:

Wadia Fink ?

EDIT - or maybe this got resolved already and I missed it (been in a haze since Monday)

I have to buy my fresh peppers.

I guess buy them since that's part of the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back