contest Pasta Throwdown BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These all look wonderful so far. TB, the cheesy crust on that lasagne looks out of this world! Mel, I would order that plate in a fine seafood restaraunt! Gas, I love pasta bakes!!

These are all winners!!! I can't wait to see the rest!

Okay....off to finish up Retta's cabinets. Catch you all later tonight!

Looking great so far everyone. I was worried when I saw your teaser Mel, as I am doing Seafood pasta as well, but they will be very different. Yours looks terrific. I love mussels, but I'm not using them this time. I'm thinking I should have saved my lasagne for today. :lol: Oh well, I'll give it the old college try anyway.

Glad I went with the lasagna since ya'll were thinking seafood. That was actually my first choice...fruitti de mare. Don't think it would stack up against mels though. Those prawns and mussels look killer! HB &R!!

Ahh the pasta throwdown! Well i was out of town last month but I am home right now, and most of my holiday preparations are done, and i have little if any work to do on this special day. What better way to spend the afternoon than participating in this throwdown....I am off to the store..... FRA(talli) DIAVOLO anyone!

Damn guys, they all look good, so far I think TB is the one that strikes my cord. I love Italian dishes. I filmed a video of my exploits because that would be for posting on my website down the line. I will have video and a final pic in a few hours. I actually made 2 different chicken pasta salads- one Indian-Portuguese style and the other Asian style. Anyway, it won't win, but they do taste good.

Alright here it is.....FRA-talli DIAVOLO. The sauce is a saute of olive oil, garlic, onion and bell pepper...then I added chopped tomatoes, brown sugar, and fatalli puree (Thanks AJ) and some coarse sea salt and red pepper. While this simmered I sauteed some garlic and olive oil with the scallops and seasoned with a blend of sea salt, bhut powder and white pepper..... the result:
eta69u.jpg

ENJOY!!!

MY GOODNESS!!! Mel's looks delicious. I am a sucker for any and all shellfish...epspecially when kicked up with the heat....and gasificada's just looks right out DECADENT!!!!!

Monkey Canyon Chicken Pasta Salad and 27 Chicken Pasta Salad

[video=youtube;HxM5Oz3G1SE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxM5Oz3G1SE[/video]

4487303493_dab01504cc.jpg

4487303599_9de87994fe.jpg

Monkey Canyon Chicken Pasta Salad

1- Chicken
2- rotini whole wheat pasta
3- Apple Canyon Orange Sesame Marinade/Dressing
4- Captain Thom's Thai Monkey
5- mayo
6- yellow onion
7- Bell Peppers- yellow, orange and red
8- sundried tomatoes
9- cilantro
10- salt in pasta water

Prep:
boiled pasta adding sea salt to the boiling water, chicken was pre-cooked, and added all the ingredients cold together and mixed. Best to refrigerate overnight to let the flavors fuse together.

27 Chicken Pasta Salad

1- chicken
2- rotini whole wheat pasta
3- grape tomatoes
4- corn
5- Stonehouse 27 Cashew and Cream sauce
6- yellow onion
7- bell peppers- yellow, orange and red
8- 5 orange habaneros- diced
9- salt in pasta water

Prep:
Boiled pasta, adding sea salt to the boiling water.
Cut chicken into small pieces, diced onion, habs and added corn to pan with sauce added to cook with. Simmered for 20 minutes once the sauce started to bubble. Shocked pasta to make it cold, and then let the chicken sauce mixture cool to room temperature before adding to pasta. Then added the peppers to the pasta and stirred into sauce.

Cool a vid!

Hey guys please post the ingredients/cooking methods in the final post also so people voting know the flavors and such. Thanks!

pasta-td1.jpg

crap I just realized I forgot the 25 cents, does it need to be in the ingredients teaser or just the finished product pic?

If you forget it in the teaser, pop it in the final ;)

All-righty, then!

Here's my ingredients/teaser post. Everything is from the fridge, freezer or pantry. Nothing purchased at the store for today's challenge!

growstuff090.jpg

Final posts soon~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back