• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

Finally caught up on your glog.  Everything is looking impressive Paul.  If you can produce some gigantic pods with the elephant poop, you might find a market for that stuff lol.

Grew the yellow mushroom for two or three seasons and always had a problem getting them ripe before they got bad spots in them.  Lots of pods with gunk inside.  Trying the red this year.  Really a nice compact plant though.

Keep up the great work and I am still jealous of your spring like winters :)

Not going to quote the pic of your greenhouse again but dude, that looks insanely awesome. And good job on the progress, I'm just blown away by the greenhouse still.

Pinoy83 said:
nice nice nice.........aerogarden just gone viral lol......greenhouse looking great....all greeeennnsss.... give them some of your zoo poop tea.....and see the explosiveness after couple days :fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball:

Thanks, Jericson!  I actually kind of wish they
would slow down a little - still many weeks to plant out!

Yellowfin2na said:
The Cheiro Recife and BrainStrain 7 Pods:
Those leaves couldn't be any more perfectly formed and straight. Like did you starch and iron them?
The Cheiro Recife is a beautiful plant.
Just now starting to get it's chinense look.

Pulpiteer said:
Greenhouse is hoppin!

PaulS said:

This.
The greenhouse looks really busy but organised!
I'm really impressed by your aerogarden plants they look really healthy

cypresshill1973 said:

I love your greenhouse! A luxury

Thanks, guys.  There is hardly enough room to turn around inside!

beerbreath81 said:
Jealous, definatly a thing of beauty here. Nice work Paul!! Good to here the Inca finally sprouted.

Thanks, Anthony.  I had just about given up on the Inca Lost.
Darn Bird's Eye still not cooperating.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Finally caught up on your glog.  Everything is looking impressive Paul.  If you can produce some gigantic pods with the elephant poop, you might find a market for that stuff lol.

Grew the yellow mushroom for two or three seasons and always had a problem getting them ripe before they got bad spots in them.  Lots of pods with gunk inside.  Trying the red this year.  Really a nice compact plant though.

Keep up the great work and I am still jealous of your spring like winters :)
Thanks, Jeff!  I hope you have good luck with the red mushroom.

We are having an early Spring for the books this year.
I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Sawyer said:
Looking good!
Thanks, John!

stc3248 said:
Growmaster Paul...Kinda like Grandmaster Flash only greener! That greenhouse shot is perfection!

You are too generous, my friend!

But thanks for the positivity!

SentencedToBurn said:
Not going to quote the pic of your greenhouse again but dude, that looks insanely awesome. And good job on the progress, I'm just blown away by the greenhouse still.

The greenhouse probably looks more trick than it really is.  It's just a 6 x 8
hobby kit from Harbour Freight; it was the least expensive one I found.

PaulG said:
Gotta be a little crazy    :crazy:  to grow peppers, brah!

I'm sure you can relate, my friend   :twisted:

Thanks, Aaron.

I think having a fan on them helps with the stocky growth.  
The lights are T5HO; I'd love to have a grow room with an HPS!

I have seen some sites list it as a chinense, but Refining Fire Chilis, 
where the seed came from, lists it as an annuum, but with Scotch
Bonnet heat,  but when I grew them in 2013, they had no heat whatsoever,
but but they did have great flavor.  I use it to mellow out the hot red powders.

Thank you very much, Uros.

The camera is a Nikon D300S.
It is an awesome piece of technology.

Are you still looking for Orange Habanero and Aji Amarillo seeds?
If so PM me your addy, and I'll send some your way.
My Jamaican Red Mushroom was around regular habanero level when I grew them in 2013
They even started producing some habanero looking red pods and last year I had a plant puting out yellow hab looking pods
They come form lake valley seed I get them form the local store.
I think they must grow them by habaneros and some get crossed
Awesome glog you have here Paul best of luck to your growing season looks like your well on your way.
I also had Jamaican Hungarian Mushrooms last year a cross with a hybrid sweet banana the red version was good sweet fruity with medium heat the yellow did not care for .

Newest members of the 2-liter club.  
The first three are Aerogarden plants

From Romy6 pod in 2012:
_DSC2684a_zpsustatabg.jpg

From Stickman, 2nd generation:
_DSC2682a_zpsdlnqgvs2.jpg

From Trippa:
_DSC2686a_zpsyoyxiwk7.jpg

Last Fall, I took three cuttings from a flowering 7 Pot Barrakapore, GaGrowhead:
_DSC2444a_zps9db74fee.jpg

One of them actually survived the winter, and is putting out lots of new growth.  Oddly enough this is the cutting
that ripened up the last pod while in the greenhouse.  Thanks for the suggestion Greg!:
_DSC2685a_zpsfb29fqvx.jpg

Plantguy76 said:
My Jamaican Red Mushroom was around regular habanero level when I grew them in 2013
They even started producing some habanero looking red pods and last year I had a plant puting out yellow hab looking pods
They come form lake valley seed I get them form the local store.
I think they must grow them by habaneros and some get crossed
Awesome glog you have here Paul best of luck to your growing season looks like your well on your way.
I also had Jamaican Hungarian Mushrooms last year a cross with a hybrid sweet banana the red version was good sweet fruity with medium heat the yellow did not care for .

Thanks, Plantguy!

It will be interesting to see if this JA Red Mushroom
produces any pods with heat this season!

Interesting crosses.

Devv said:
Nice Paul!

On track as usual.

Keep it green!

Thanks a bunch, Scott!

Nice plants, Paul!

Those Barrakapore cuttings are amazing.  Which one is the one that survived, the one on the right?  Do you think ripening that pod had something to do with its survival?

Damn you plants are the definition of perfection . Can I get a hell yeah !!!!!!!

Though I would keep you posted on one of your offspring brotha. This was from seeds you sent me last year labelled white hab with stinger. It decided to turn yellow but still a beautiful pod and can't wait to eat it . Thank you 

Not the definition of perfection( the overall plant that is )  but it was a cold wet winter ;) ,  but she made it to see spring and she will flourish 

photo_zps56ea1c5e.jpg

romy6 said:
 Damn you plants are the definition of perfection . Can I get a hell yeah !!!!!!!

Though I would keep you posted on one of your offspring brotha. This was from seeds you sent me last year labelled white hab with stinger. It decided to turn yellow but still a beautiful pod and can't wait to eat it . Thank you 

Not the definition of perfection( the overall plant that is )  but it was a cold wet winter ;) ,  but she made it to see spring and she will flourish 

photo_zps56ea1c5e.jpg
Speaking about perfection I am bias but I feel that way about the Bahamian Goats I got the seeds form buckeye pepper company and they been nothing but champs hope that continues into the year already thinking about over wintering all six l :fireball:  :onfire:  :high:

The greenhouse Yellow Ajis and Orange Manzanos are outgrowing their space.  
I had to bring them outside for some reorganizing and watering.  Goliath is in the  middle:
_DSC2687a_zpsgjci090s.jpg

Three of the Ajis went back into the greenhouse.  The other and the two Manzanos
are under the canopy on the deck.  I'll just have to bring them in when it gets cool.

Goliath has set about a half-dozen small pods - this is the first and largest.
_DSC2688a_zpskemb4odq.jpg

Trippa said:
That Cabe Gendot is looking Like it is booming Paul!! as do all your plants ... nice one..

Thanks, Trippa.  I have it under a fluorescent light on my workbench.  
Seems to like the cool light better than the greenhouse.  I may bring it
back out there in the next week or so.  The plants seem to be doing
very well this year.

Sawyer said:
Those Barrakapore cuttings are amazing.  Which one is the one that survived, the one on the right? Yes  Do you think ripening that pod had something to do with its survival?

They looked great when I first cut them!  They just kind of wound
 down over the winter in the greenhouse and this one was the only
one that made it all the way through.  I have no idea if the ripened
pod had anything to do with it or not.  Interesting question.

Peter S said:
Paul, your greenhouse rocks! Plants look really nice.

I appreciate the positivity, Peter!

romy6 said:

As usual, you are very generous, Jamie.  Thank you.

The 'Giant White Hab' never was white.  The original plant was from Spankycolts.
It has thrown yellow pods from the beginning, and I have been selecting seeds from
the pods with the best stingers on them.  They look more and more like yellow Scorpions
with each succeeding generation.  I'll bet that plant roars to life in the Florida sun!  If it
doesn't produce pods with awesome stingers, let me know and I'll send some more recent seed.

Pulpiteer said:

Those are some fine looking plants! They're huge!
Thanks, Andy.  Started them on 15 November, so at 4 months, I guess that's to be expected.
They are all in 1.7 gallon containers.  I'm chomping at the bit for plant-out!  They look a little
sad in this photo 'cuz they got too hot in the greenhouse that day, and most really needed a
drink.  they look a lot perkier, now.

Back