• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

Paul,  Just a question of the bonsai.  How well do they handle the winters, especially the pines, or do you have to move them all indoors or into the greenhouse?

bpwilly said:
Paul,  Just a question of the bonsai.  How well do they handle the winters, especially the pines, or do you have to move them all indoors or into the greenhouse?
Hey, Willy!  The pines and maples are very cold tolerant.  If it gets to  -3 or 4˚C I just put them on the porch.  
I have had them freeze pretty solid and come back fine.  If it's going to be really cold, like less than 4˚C, for
a period of time, then I can drape a cover over the shelf.  We have had spells of -5˚C to -10˚C they have
survived.  Colder than that they need to come in especially if it will be a long spell, like a week or two.  Then
it's just in the garage.

---------------------------------------------------------------o-------------------------------------------------------------
:dance: Just to keep it foremost in folks' minds here is the link to the Pacific North West Chili Fest  :dance:

We want a LOT of people there this year.  We can accommodate late planners and travelers.
Organic Pepper and Salsa Lady have some awesome plans brewing - be sure to visit the thread
to see what's goin' down!  There will be a hot   :flamethrower: time rain or shine!

-------------------------------------------------------end of message---------------------------------------------------

PaulG said:
Hey, Willy!  The pines and maples are very cold tolerant.  If it gets to  -3 or 4˚C I just put them on the porch.  
I have had them freeze pretty solid and come back fine.  If it's going to be really cold, like less than 4˚C, for
a period of time, then I can drape a cover over the shelf.  We have had spells of -5˚C to -10˚C they have
survived.  Colder than that they need to come in especially if it will be a long spell, like a week or two.  Then
it's just in the garage.

---------------------------------------------------------------o-------------------------------------------------------------
:dance: Just to keep it foremost in folks' minds here is the link to the Pacific North West Chili Fest  :dance:

We want a LOT of people there this year.  We can accommodate late planners and travelers.
Organic Pepper and Salsa Lady have some awesome plans brewing - be sure to visit the thread
to see what's goin' down!  There will be a hot   :flamethrower: time rain or shine!

-------------------------------------------------------end of message---------------------------------------------------
Wish I was close enough to attend Paul :( ... not sure the Wife would approve of that credit card spend right now though :D

PaulG said:
it's just in the garage.

Paul,  Thanks for the info.   I just really like the look of Bonsai plants.   I have never grown any, but sure am tempted, but not sure I have the patience to wait 15 years!  Still itching though.
Bill

I'll chime in on the Bonsais as well - very cool.  I especially liked the maples.  They were volunteers?  That's awesome.
And your pepper plants look great too - as usual!

I'm jealous you guys get a chili fest. Maybe when the kids are older I'll organize a midwest one or something. It'd be fun to get together with some of the folks from THP.

Pulpiteer said:
I'll chime in on the Bonsais as well - very cool.  I especially liked the maples.  They were volunteers?  That's awesome.
And your pepper plants look great too - as usual!

I'm jealous you guys get a chili fest. Maybe when the kids are older I'll organize a midwest one or something. It'd be fun to get together with some of the folks from THP.
I agree about a Midwest chile fest.

Pulpiteer said:

Ozzy2001 said:
I agree about a Midwest chile fest.
It's totally awesome, Andy!

Go for it, guys.  One person doesn't have to do everything!
Make it a family affair   :cool:   

Not much to report these days.  
Plants are outside on the deck for some nice days and medium cool nights.

I potted up the Aji Amarillos today.  they are just too big to move around easily.
So for better worse, and trusting to luck, they are in their 10-gallon new homes.
The rootballs were robust and healthy looking after many months in the 1.7 gallon pots:
_DSC2763a_zpsvpcxqmvh.jpg

Wish me luck and keeping my fingers crossed   :pray:  for decent weather here on out.

Your plants are looking great Paul things are ramping up now it seems for most everyone!
Looks like your off to a great season!
My first wave are about ready to be put out been working like a dog to get everything ready glad I am not alone in this great community here at THP !

PaulG said:
Not much to report these days.  
Plants are outside on the deck for some nice days and medium cool nights.

I potted up the Aji Amarillos today.  they are just too big to move around easily.
So for better worse, and trusting to luck, they are in their 10-gallon new homes.
The rootballs were robust and healthy looking after many months in the 1.7 gallon pots:
_DSC2763a_zpsvpcxqmvh.jpg

Wish me luck and keeping my fingers crossed   :pray:  for decent weather here on out.
Do you have the zoo doo in that 10-gal pot?

why them babies still in there nursery pots....put them buggas in condos already lol, very very nice pauly, loving all your pines and maple, me im starting to grow hybrid hibiscus and adeniums lol, need to put some color in my yard 
i really love your garden big and clean and nice and its gonna be loaded with chilisssss soooonnn :onfire:  :onfire:  :onfire:

I hear ya 'bout Ma Nature dragging her feet this time of year... good luck with the Ajis, I hope the weather holds for you... it looks like it's gonna take a dive here this weekend.  Guess I'll be taking one for the team... ;)

Those Aji Amarillos of yours are gonna get sooo biiig ... 10 gallon.... that's a lot

Do you recomend going bigger than 5 gallon pots for where I am, the season is quite short from mid may to the end of september ??

Back