• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

The amazing folks on this site just keep a steady fire in my mailbox. This time Jason aka seacowboy hooked a brother up with a deadly variety of peppers and some highly sought after brown BBG7 seeds that are worth a million  times their weight in gold . 

Thank you Jason 

photo_zps03b95777.jpg

Beautiful peppers in the above pics- some of them just look mean! ..and those brown BBG7's, love those calyx's..never seen the brown before..
-----------------------

A quick pic of some Reapers that awaited in the ol' mailbox from kentishman (Tom). Thanks so much, a million times better than the single Reaper I harvested!..haha. Beautiful awesome peppers!

IMAG0046_zps1a18e241.jpg

Scorched said:
I've been meaning to sit down and do this for a week now so I decided to stop procrastinating lol. First off I just wanna say I love that I found THP. I have talked and interacted with some truly amazing people here and to find a place where everyone shares my greatest passion is awesome. For years I've just been growing on my own, family and friends don't care for spicy food. I love the growing probably as much as the eating. Seeing those little plants grown then have the flowers set and the tiny nubs grow into full size pods and change all diff colors and shades. Just happened to be looking for a solution to a problem I was having in the spring and had THP pop up in the Google results. So glad I clicked on that link.

Anyway, this is just a thank you to a member here I've had a great experience with and since he's not really a vendor I figured this would be the perfect place because pepper people really are the best. I know most people here know the legend that is Chris Phillips but for those who don't he is a modern day Dr. Frankenstein when it comes to creating new pepper crosses. His ability to also get his hands on super rare crosses and wilds not available to most is uncanny lol. Well a few weeks ago I saw an add for a sfrb he was selling which had some peppers I had been trying to find but since they were unstable had no luck. I also recognized the name I'd read about many times so jumped on the offer. A few days later he had 2 more boxes of interesting crosses listed and I was lucky enough to snag one of them. This was great since I'm still new here and am not comfortable asking for freebies. Also since I've never grown from seed before I had nothing to trade so by ordering from Chris I could try these cool peppers I'd been looking for and also hopefully grow them for myself next year if I like them.

Well thanks to a screw up at the post office (which seems to happen a lot here, many many problems) both boxes were returned to sender undeliverable address. Called the 800 number multiple times to try and find a way to get them turned around but no luck. And even though he had shipped them 2 day air, of course they weren't return to sender that way and I was told they'd take 5 days to get back to him. Contacted Chris and he immediately offered me a full refund but we discussed it and if the pods were still in good shape when he got them he'd ship them right back out. Miraculously almost all were still good so he packed them into 1 box and even though it wasn't necessary he threw in a bunch of extras to make up for it. Received the package 2 days later and everything was in great shape considering being boxed for 11 days. I had a few questions about a couple of the pods and he answered every question I had. During the whole process he also kept in contact and replied to my pms very quickly. He did an awesome job of turning a crappy situation around and I won't hesitate to buy from him again when I see him list something cool. Lol in fact I just snatched a box he listed last night.

Just my little blurb about another awesome pepper person who has made me so glad I found THP and the great people that post here. 2015 will be my 1st year starting from seed as I usually order plants from CCN but with my grow doubling or tripling next year buying plants is just too expensive. Besides you can't find the awesome crosses that the people like Chris, Judy and other mad geniuses from THP come up with at CCN. I think at least 70% of my grow next year will be from seeds I've gotten just from Chris and Judy.and if they keep posting cool crosses it will probably go up lol.

Pepper people are the best!
I agree with everything you just said. There are a lot of beyond cool people on here. I also completely understand not being comfortable asking for freebies. If you fire me a mailing address, though, I'd be more than happy to send you some stuff. 
KiNGDeNNiZ said:

Jason was kind enough to share some.more.of his awesome pods
Gorgeous.

Hey everybody look what I just got in the mail from my dear friend Tim (teejay)!

nXW5dgr.jpg

The peculiarly exultant joy that comes over you when you rip open the bubble wrap and hold seed packets in your hand that someone caring has so generously sent you from half the world away is like no other.

Tim, thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

Pepper People Are The Best ©

After helping a friend today I arrived home to find 2 boxes of peppers waiting for me.  I had bought them from Judy & Keith (rebelgrower3) both were packed to the max---as in both my kitchen sinks are full of peppers !!!!! (a lot of prep work...lol)

Both Judy and Keith gave me a great deal on mfrb's and when I rec'd Judy's box it was a Lfrb.  The last few days I have felt like a kid at Christmas.  Many thanks to Judy & Keith.  Really are a lot of great chilheads here on THP !!!!

Wow!  That is all that I can say . . . another amazing package arrived today . . . this time from my good friend Pr0digal_Son (John L).  Digging on the Rocotos (probably my all time favorite pepper - although as of late, Yellow Bouquet and Aji Amarillo are making a run) and of course, the chocolate bubblegum 7s.  I can't believe my good fortune!

DSC_0906.JPG

DSC_0907.JPG

Pepper People are the Best and Pr0digal_Son truly is one of the Best of the Best!

Every year I try to grow to help share with coworkers. And every hear I fail. A FB buddy who grows but does t eat them helped fulfill that goal for me. Thanks jami Hendricks
Of all these pods I got maybe a sfrb worth

Paul G always manages to remember me even though I hardly go on here.

I guess being a saints fan has its perks. Thanks to troy primo for hooking up this lovely gift set

Josh smith knows I'm trying to gather stuff to grow solely in containers. As the grone and my containers are no good for me

Just pure awesomeness from Judy !!!  I rec'd 33 types of seeds and some great pepper spice blend and she was going to send it to me free !!!!  Felt guilty so she said send what I want....did my best not to take to much advantage but I came out ahead.  All I can say is thank you and kudos.

I want to say a big THANK YOU to the people who donate/sold/trade seeds, great people, I can't sort in any way but alphabetically:
AaronTT, ajijoe, bondgirl69, Jamison, Judy (pepperlover.com), kentishman, KiNGDeNNiZ, Micca302, Nulle, smokemaster, tsurrie, windchicken. Thank you to all for the seeds I will grow with love next season, also to smokemaster and KiNGDeNNiZ who sent me some "powder", and to AaronTT who sent me from so far away an entire bottle of GREAT fermented sauce.
Pepper people are THE BEST! Thank you!

Back