• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Mad props to Terry aka buddy for his packaging skills...the USPS tried their hardest to spoil the goods.

10258221_10202441030371443_4534702236289316606_o.jpg
10644255_10202441030291441_1324001494466258037_o.jpg
10700347_10202441030331442_5154893979990197007_o.jpg
10514229_10202441031051460_4637985945494197827_o.jpg
10649802_10202441030891456_6324667054324700873_n.jpg

10428151_10202441030971458_2967793493864679295_o.jpg

Received a message from Gary (windchicken) that he'd be in town last night and to see if we'd like to meet up. As usual, he was full of helpful growing info, and also came with a great goody bag. Yellow and chocolate nagabrains, as well as Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot pods. Needless to say, my grow list for next season just jumped up by 3 varieties! Don't think I could ever repay Gary's generosity to me. Pepper people truly are the best!
20140920_232046.jpg

Shout out to Muskymojo, who sent me a box out of the kindness of his heart of some stunning pods, THX Musky. I review a Peach Bhut out of it, prolly be at least a few days before i get it up though.

I also got a box from Nate6279 for his beer cap challenge with some huge Brainstrains. I tried to review half of one and nearly friggen died.
Thanks Nate! first pod (half pod) to make me puke!  :rofl:

Pepper People Are The Best

:cheers:    Thanks Y'all

I've been meaning to sit down and do this for a week now so I decided to stop procrastinating lol. First off I just wanna say I love that I found THP. I have talked and interacted with some truly amazing people here and to find a place where everyone shares my greatest passion is awesome. For years I've just been growing on my own, family and friends don't care for spicy food. I love the growing probably as much as the eating. Seeing those little plants grown then have the flowers set and the tiny nubs grow into full size pods and change all diff colors and shades. Just happened to be looking for a solution to a problem I was having in the spring and had THP pop up in the Google results. So glad I clicked on that link.

Anyway, this is just a thank you to a member here I've had a great experience with and since he's not really a vendor I figured this would be the perfect place because pepper people really are the best. I know most people here know the legend that is Chris Phillips but for those who don't he is a modern day Dr. Frankenstein when it comes to creating new pepper crosses. His ability to also get his hands on super rare crosses and wilds not available to most is uncanny lol. Well a few weeks ago I saw an add for a sfrb he was selling which had some peppers I had been trying to find but since they were unstable had no luck. I also recognized the name I'd read about many times so jumped on the offer. A few days later he had 2 more boxes of interesting crosses listed and I was lucky enough to snag one of them. This was great since I'm still new here and am not comfortable asking for freebies. Also since I've never grown from seed before I had nothing to trade so by ordering from Chris I could try these cool peppers I'd been looking for and also hopefully grow them for myself next year if I like them.

Well thanks to a screw up at the post office (which seems to happen a lot here, many many problems) both boxes were returned to sender undeliverable address. Called the 800 number multiple times to try and find a way to get them turned around but no luck. And even though he had shipped them 2 day air, of course they weren't return to sender that way and I was told they'd take 5 days to get back to him. Contacted Chris and he immediately offered me a full refund but we discussed it and if the pods were still in good shape when he got them he'd ship them right back out. Miraculously almost all were still good so he packed them into 1 box and even though it wasn't necessary he threw in a bunch of extras to make up for it. Received the package 2 days later and everything was in great shape considering being boxed for 11 days. I had a few questions about a couple of the pods and he answered every question I had. During the whole process he also kept in contact and replied to my pms very quickly. He did an awesome job of turning a crappy situation around and I won't hesitate to buy from him again when I see him list something cool. Lol in fact I just snatched a box he listed last night.

Just my little blurb about another awesome pepper person who has made me so glad I found THP and the great people that post here. 2015 will be my 1st year starting from seed as I usually order plants from CCN but with my grow doubling or tripling next year buying plants is just too expensive. Besides you can't find the awesome crosses that the people like Chris, Judy and other mad geniuses from THP come up with at CCN. I think at least 70% of my grow next year will be from seeds I've gotten just from Chris and Judy.and if they keep posting cool crosses it will probably go up lol.

Pepper people are the best!

I would like to say a big thank you to Tim (teejay) for sending me these seeds!
plusfav.gif
I'd joined THP only a week or so ago when I sent him PM regarding his seeds giveaway offer but that did not stop him from being so friendly and generous :)

Tim, you've made a newbie grower very, very happy! :) I'll be starting the seeds tonight!
w00t.gif

thank you once again!
biggrin.gif

G3TpQg6.jpg

Yes, Pepper people truly are the best!

EDIT: The seeds of sweet pain have been deployed! wish me luck! :D

2nuCesI.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised with an excellent care package when I got home yesterday.

My favorite cracker,you guys know him as P-Son sent me an Apple!

It is as big as an apple anyway! 

Some Choco Bubblebgums  ;)

And a few other special goodies  :dance:

Cant wait to make me a Yellow Jalapeno/Coyote Zan White salsa for the game today! 

All your poddage is gorgeous as usual JB
You rock broseph! 

:cool:
Kevin

Man, I'm drooling over all these pics!

It arrived last week, but I'm still going to post a picture. This was sent to me from THP for a giveaway they had, the sauces are awesome!
THP_giveawaysauce.JPG

I haven't been here for long, but my experience here has been filled with nothing but generosity, and we can see that generosity everywhere on the forums! Pepper people really ARE the best!

This is one of the most awesome threads, it's down right inspirational!

This is a bit overdue, had to get /find an adapter to connect modern phone with ancient computer before I could post.... :P

Can't say thanks enough to the members (Pepper Ridge Farm..aka 'Cappy',  Peter S,  & Wicked Mike) and their generosity after I posted my intro/out of lurkdom post about myself and my current health state....using peppers not just for the pleasure in themselves, but more so for medicinal reasons. Much appreciated!!- Pepper people are truly the best!  Sorry for the crappy pics..

(note: a few items are missing from each pic...started munching before clickin' pics..seems I'm not the only one that's done this..)

From Pepper Ridge Farm..aka'Cappy'-
IMAG0024_zpsb88e5b5a.jpg

From  Peter S -
IMAG0019_zpsa30fa4ff.jpg

From Wicked Mike -
IMAG0027_zps3c24d118.jpg

(that's Bhut jerky and a passion fruit..2 had already been inhaled before pic..)
IMAG0036_zps285e8db4.jpg

Thanks again so much- :dance:

Back