• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peppin' Ain't Easy..."3/5King's 2012"

GLOG =Good Looking Older Gentlemen or maybe Got Lot's of Gas......Today I'm going to have to go with both.....TMI....I think not.

So this will be my first GLOG. Enjoy Everyone.

Grow List

Brain Strain 7
Jonah 7
Yellow 7
Chocolate Bhut
Peach Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Douglah
Naga Morich
Chocolate Scorpion

Tepin
Pekin
White Habanero
CGN 21500
Fatalii Yellow
Fatalii White
Aji Lemon Drop
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Long Chocolate Habanero

Should have the grow area set up and seeds germing by February 15th

your soil appears to be quite good (judging by your plants) so don't go too crazy. Compost is always good, mulch too! As for mites...remove infected areas, and aact the entire plant(undersides of leaves especially) Also, read up on mites, perhaps some knowledge of conditions they prefer wil give you insight on how to accommodate them less (as with all pests) have fun with your tea! Don't just foliar feed, soil drench too! BUILD that soil!

Guru, you have to make sure you are looking at the right grow. I have two going on right now. One at my buddies (the big one) and the other at my house. All of the pod shots and plants that I posted today and the last few days are from my house. Which isn't all jacked up and I am very happy with the growth. The soil is good and everything is growing extremely well. It's the other garden that is the horror story! There are pics of it as well a page or two back.

Tegu? Was that the second lizard? Would be nice to have some active local growers around me. Good success on your home grow. I have made a couple teas myself,and it helped with some nutrient lock out I had on a couple plants. You always have a "manic" update and it's enjoyable to read.

Ok. Looked at your "problem" plot and I gotta say they still look good! Lol. If anything its a little hot due to all that horse shit, but that will compost more and decompose/break down as it rains/the sun rises each day. All I'm saying is give it time. I can tell by a few of the leaves that they are getting a bit too much N but it clearly isn't killing them! Give em time...Dont be afraid to water and lay off the "fertilizer" (the happy frog granules)... They don't need it :)

Make a huge batch of nitrogen fixing AACT and call it a day my friend

I wish my gardens looked as well as yours do. I've got some plants that have not grown in an entire month and wish I could figure out why! Four inches tall is not a good start to july.

I love the pepper potluck, the things you name your projects are always entertaining. Thanks for adding those links, I'll have to check them out later. Be sure to watch that monsanto video Guru posted on his ( I think you mentioned it on his glog). I think all of us will only benefit in the future for better understanding how to manage and guide the land more naturally (organically). Plus it's just plain fascinating anyway.

I think my peach bhuts are going to produce a lot and they're the gnarly, bumpy looking kind. If you want me to send you a couple just let me know and send me a PM when they start coming in - I'll try to remember, but if you notice it on my glog just fire me a message.

Lol Thanks P-Son. I am glad you are enjoying my rants and raves. My synapse fire like crazy...but not much gets done ;)

Yes Obsidian, I know where you are coming from. It is a hard time and even harder to stay focused and positive. Keep up the spirits, keep working at it and you will get it all straightened out. Every failed attempt is invaluable knowledge learned.

Thanks Guru- I am on it. I'm researching a little bit more and then I'm going to lay down some mean tea. Get those sexy little microbes dancing around my roots like it's a pole!......lmao

Pulpiteer- I am definitely going to watch that vid. I'm sure it is well worth the hour and a half. Some Peach Bhuts.....you don't say.....well goll darnit isn't that a wonderful thing! I will definitely hit you up. Crack is whack but a peach bhut will feed your fix! Thanks a lot!

UPDATESKI:

I went to the garden today......dun dun DUNNNNNNNNN..........It was all good. I potted up a BS from a 5 gallon container into a 18 gallon. I'm hoping it will explode like Grunge in the 90s! I also planted up (someone help me on the name for a pepper that grows upward, instead of hanging down.....put me out of my misery) another one into a 5 gallon bucket from a 1/2 gallon.

I have that voodoo lilly that had the kinked stem....so I cut it at the kink and planted it using some G.O. Bio Root, G.O. Seaweed, G.O. Squid and some Mexican Bat Guano. I also used this solution to spray on the roots of the Brain Strain and other plant before I stuck them in the pots. Can't wait to see what happens! I accidentally snapped off a branch from the BS.......whoops. Was going to clone it but I just wasn't prepared.

Here are some pics for ya!

My soil mix, Composted Manure and some leaf compost and soil from our pile. I wanted to add some perlite to it but being that I am limited in my getting around AceHardware was the only place close enough and they didn't have any.
GardenPics048.jpg

THIS....................is the quality of soil I planted in......lol (this is next to the garden)
GardenPics049.jpg

GardenPics050.jpg

Two moths just chilling on the backside of a leaf after I watered tonight. I thought it was a slug.....I was seeing Red for a second.
GardenPics051.jpg

Little stunted Naga Morich pod ripened.....hahahahahaha It'll still be a hot little bastard.
GardenPics053.jpg

This is another Bhut (I think either another Yellow Bhut plant or a Chocolate....I can't remember which plant I took the picture from)
GardenPics055.jpg

Another Yellow Bhut on the same plant as the other two gnarly pods I showed in an earlier update. It is a lot smoother than the other ones and not as crumpled up.
GardenPics054.jpg

Wow.........your soil sure has that "baked clay'" look to it. That's what we have here especially at the park districts......reminds me of football practice with the kids, ...rough stuff to fall on. But the good news is that's what you have next to your garden. I'm sure the compost and maybe some added gypsum at the end of the season will help for next yr.
Naga Morich?

Greg

Ye olde pot up eh! Good choice my friend. Plants will be very very happy with their daddy! Like pic1 said Naga Morich? Any more pods on that plant?

Oh, it is baked Greg. :high: It's like a small scale Grand Canyon!

Thanks Socal! Good to see you checkin' out my growski.

There is going to be a lot of amending going on this fall and next spring. We will not have the same thing happen twice.

Yep, those are Naga Morich pods. The plant show out some small stunted peppers and there you have it. They are the size of a dime. The plant does have one newer pod on it that I didn't take a pic of. It is growing more true to form. I'll have to snap a picture next time.

Here is another little friend that decided to use one of my plants as a safe haven...lol It's really cool to see all the going on's inside the garden this year. More than I have ever seen before. Me and the bees have become friends (well they are really wasps) They fly all over my plants. There are so many of them. I was afraid to go in the garden at first but once I found that they are helping and not hurting, I stopped worrying and just dove right in. I don't mind going in the garden with them. They don't seem to mind me either. So be it if I get stung. It couldn't hurt any worse than eating a super!

I am really starting to think about getting into Horticulture as my way of making a living.....I am a far way off but I am also in a position to make it happen. I have nothing to lose. Now I just need the motivation to make it come true! (that's a bitch isn't it)

Here's the pic of the Secada I believe (spelling?)

GardenPics056.jpg

Oh, I also thought you would get a kick out of my dogs "Playing"....it looks a lot more like killing each other when you freeze frame it! lol ENJOY
GardenPics046.jpg

GardenPics047.jpg

Yo whattup King!?

Your grow is lookin might fine dude, and I'm still retaining that conversation that we had about whats goin on over at Jeremys house.......I believe, I believe in the power of the pepper to hold tight and throw you some poddage by seasons close. Pull a move like a pissed off Poseidon and give dem bitches some water! Use dog drool. Our ground is so f-ed right now, seriously, might there be some asshole cult around us doing anti-rain dances on a daily basis?...this is insane...I don't ever remember a season starting off like this.

Got some free time Saturday. if its fly with you guys, I was thinkin of headed over in that direction to chill for a bit.

Not once, or twice, but I think around a couple dozen times by now I have been encouraged to up-date the highly neglected glog.....well I think its time.......your words of forceful endearment have had something to do with this I'm pretty sure :)

Yo Prodigal_son, Nailed it bro...Argentine Black and White Tegu!

Thanks Millworkman lol we bottle from the keg now, so it was a necessary decision haha. It's working out well.

Alex, what up bro. Yeah, I'm sure that would be cool. I'll shoot you a text.

You needed an update man, so much good stuff going on over there, I checked your update and that's only the tip of the iceberg! We the people want to know what's up with TweakSairaxx's grow!

That great news that the Naga Morich pod is forming true now hopefully the rest learn from that pod. I had the same issue with most of the first pods being stunted, but they are all falling in line now. Beautiful dogs and awesome new security guards hopefully they stay and help you through the process of any unwanted pests.

Hey SoCal! Hope your gram's is doing alright :) wait until you see this Jonah I've got going here lol it doesn't look anything like one. I'll hopefully have pics tomorrow.

The dogs are dumb but sweet hahaha. They'd chomp on anything that came into take a peek. I live in the suburbs with a fenced off yard, so there's never any action...sigh. They are beautys though, thank you!

Thanks yea she made through the surgery good a little dope up but fine. She is 90 and went in for a broken femur. I have a blue pit and german sheppard that knock everyone down while they are playing. The pit for some reason like to look furious outside chopping on the steel fence when people get near, but once inside she will sit next to them and check their purses and pockets for any treats and just lay next to them. It funny to see people freak out and not realize how she really is inside the house.

@Socal- Glad to hear man! A little dope never hurt anyone....lol. Yeah their tales are horizontal wrecking balls. Dogs are loyal and overprotective to a fault (well most of them anyway) I'm always hesitant with new dogs. I need to get used to them for a bit.

So I think I might have found out what is wrong with my plants.

Copper Deficiency: Young leaves often become dark green and twisted. They may die back or just exhibit necrotic spots. Growth and yield will be deficient as well.

Calcium Deficiency: Young leaves are affected first and become small and distorted or chlorotic with irregular margins, spotting or necrotic areas. Bud development is inhibited and roots may be underdeveloped or die back. Fruit may be stunted or deformed.

As exhibited in the pictures below. (Deformed pods, stunted pods, new foliage is small, dark green and twisted) Although I think that their is another secondary problem that is causing the deficiency...such as: overabundance of another nutrient, soil PH is off or something else all together such as disease. I'm thinking I might foliar feed them with a Calcium/Copper solution for a week and see if I have any change. I will also be checking soil PH again and testing the NPK of my soil.

One of my plants the pods are softening and one just fell off the plant as well. (I don't have a pic of that though, I believe it is my Aji Lemon though)

5fddfe6f.jpg

GardenPics025.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

One a brighter note, my home grow is still doing exceptionally well (considering I have to look at my other garden all of the tiime....lol Here's a picture of one of my biggest TS Morugas. (It's the same size as a golf ball)

I know it's crappy but It's all I got for the moment
23504677.jpg

This is a weird deformed Jalapeno form the Supermercado....I didn't notice until I got home.
b343f4bf.jpg

Back