• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

These are my girls Molly (Mama)Cane Corso
Sanibel (Kitty)Cane Corso X Rottwieler
Here's Molly on the couch
CIMG1119.jpg

CIMG6255.jpg

out in the yard
CIMG5861.jpg

here's the two of them on the porch
CIMG1025.jpg

I love your pups! They resemble my dog a lot- I got him from the shelter and everyone thinks they know what he is, but I always thought he was Cane Corso mix! Im like retarded at posting pics, so if you want to see pics of my guy he has his own facebook: "Rugga Rudes"

R.I.P. Kaos

Our princess was diagnosed with a brain tumor Thursday night. By Friday morning (we stayed up with her the whole time) she had lost all vision, fine motor control and the ability to swallow. She was euthanised that morning. She now rests in a beautiful spot on a hill with two trees planted in her memory. Rest peacefully little girl, we love you.

P4090461.jpg

And here is max, only had him a couple weeks before we could not afford to feed him anymore. Purebred boxer, gave him to a friend who had just lost his wife of 62 years. They are doing great together.

Picture023.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Bailey and max mad each other really tired.

Picture036.jpg

Thats all.

As in Feed him your shoes , Couch stuffing ...?

Here is my daughter's cat in my overwintered Bailey Piquin. The plant is beginning its 3rd year. Occasionally the cat box is bypassed for a tempting dig in one of my #5 pots giving it special fertilizer. I've got chunks of wood, pine cones and tinfoil in some of them as deterrent.

Mike

Overwinterlatepods014.jpg

my sister's puppies. even if she just leaves them here and gets us to take care of it 24/7. lol. don't worry, we bought a new cage and they're happy in the new one, twice the size of the one in the picture. we let them out every few hours so they can stretch their legs and play.

c6d913c7.jpg

izzy the mom of the puppies and macy the mini pinscher.

f7c93368.jpg

the mom with her puppies, i stuck her in there just to see if she'll fit. lol.

8690b571.jpg

Sorry to hear about your dog dts.

our newly adopted jack russel terrier. his name is derby. he was an unwanted dog in a dog kennel a few months back. so we adopted him. he's 2 years old.

45677ee4.jpg

we have 14 dogs. we live in a large house so, they can just run around in the garden, where my peppers are, whenever they like. they rape my plants if i do set them all free in the garden. so i let them out in the garage instead. more than enough space for them to run around, in turns.

Thanks franzb69 and chilehunter. We miss her. We have our other furry four legged person to love still and in time we will get another princess.

Condolences DTS. Kaos is in a wonderful place chasing gravy covered rabbits and humping every leg he wants.

I hope so too... always harder when a dog leaves than when a human does... I don't know why.

As a side note, someone from THSC seems to have a new pet too.. non-vego apparently :)

diamond.jpg

Hope he doesn't mind me posting this :D

I picked up a trio of new 8 legged beauties last week. They are Centruroides gracilis, common name Florida Bark Scorpions. These are just over an inch long from their nose to the tip of their tail. As adults the males can exceed five inches in length and the females up to four inches. They are venomous but the sting isn't serious to humans. However the closer you get to the equator the stronger the venom can get. Not sure why, could be associated with their diet.

Here are a couple with one enjoying a fresh cricket.

IMG_6550800x600.jpg

IMG_6557800x600-1.jpg

Watching these guys go on the hunt is pretty cool. They grab prey with pincers and if it doesn't struggle will start eating it immediately. If it does struggle the telson, aka stinger, reaches out and stings them. After a few seconds if it continues to struggle they will sting it a second time. They take their time with the second sting searching for a soft spot to insert the telson. I've never seen them have to hit a cricket a third time.

In the arachnid hobby keeping scorpions is considered the "Dark Side".

We just adopted this little Pink Nose on Saturday from a rescue group. They saved her after people called to tell them that they saw her chained to a dumpster in a urine soaked kennel. They had her for about a yr - Pits are hard to adopt in CT --
Her name is Cinnamon she is ~14 mos.

Snoozle the "Guard Cat" diligently protecting the banana peppers from those sneaky chipmunks and squirrels intent upon making off with my harvest.
Cleveland018.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

But in the winter months... he's been known to toy with a pig skin from time to time while preparing for the big dance on Super Bowl Sunday.
Go Packers!!!
Lime_head_cat.jpg

Back