• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

Sissy is breeding again!
IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

The eggs went into two little Tupperware boxes and into the incubator. Maybe in about 70 days.... ?

Armadillo said:
-The neighbor doesn't have any pets. But her husband who passed away a few years ago had two big and mean German shepherds so she's used to big dogs.
-The property could be more secure and since the dogs jumped the fence for the first time this year (last year they didn't!) we're after the landlady to raise the fence. But her contractor doesn't get his but off his chair. And I didn't rent a house with a yard to put my dogs on the chain. They have never hurt anybody!
-The dogs are trained. And they never jump the fence when anyone of us is around. And they come back when we call them. But you turn your back for a minute and they might be gone.
-I haven't seen the situation. Our neighbor is two-faced. When she meets our dogs on the street she is best friends with them so they adopted her to the pack. But when they visit her in the yard she is p.o.. Our dogs fiercely bark at anybody who enters our property for the first time. And after we were shaking hands and talking they are best friends with everybody. That's how I want my dogs to be! And they never hurt anybody! Now since our neighbor in our dogs eyes was a trustworthy part of the pack they payed the same attention and service to our neighbor who had the pool guy working. They never met that pool guy before so they barked at him and then the situation must have exploded. I don't know what tool they (who of both?) used against my dog. But fact is that she was badly injured.

I tried to talk to the neighbor but she doesn't open the door when i ring. And when she sees us from far she disappears quickly. Kinda bad conscience?

that's really rough 'dillo... its too bad that your dog got hurt but at least she's ok now :) hope you can patch things up with your neighbours..

tooninoz said:
Some seriously hot snakes there! What was the Pueblan Milksnake like?

Very secretive - not much action at all. Great snakes to show visitors though because they look almost artificial and never ever attempted to bite anything besides mice.

tooninoz said:
The thread you started mentioned a wish to come out to Oz? Have you been since that time? I've got a few really good herping spots close by - Mt. Glorious west of Brisbane (a hot humid night will mean you probably see a few pythons and quite a few vens + frogs and geckoes), Numinbah Valley west of the Gold Coast is good for Adders and Mt Tamborine in Nth NSW for BIG Brown snakes!

I haven't, but you'll get a PM if I ever go! Problem is I'd have to stay for at least 6 month because there are so much I want to do and so many people I want to meet:)

-The neighbor doesn't have any pets. But her husband who passed away a few years ago had two big and mean German shepherds so she's used to big dogs.

-The property could be more secure and since the dogs jumped the fence for the first time this year (last year they didn't!) we're after the landlady to raise the fence. But her contractor doesn't get his but off his chair. And I didn't rent a house with a yard to put my dogs on the chain. They have never hurt anybody!

-The dogs are trained. And they never jump the fence when anyone of us is around. And they come back when we call them. But you turn your back for a minute and they might be gone.

-I haven't seen the situation. Our neighbor is two-faced. When she meets our dogs on the street she is best friends with them so they adopted her to the pack. But when they visit her in the yard she is p.o.. Our dogs fiercely bark at anybody who enters our property for the first time. And after we were shaking hands and talking they are best friends with everybody. That's how I want my dogs to be! And they never hurt anybody! Now since our neighbor in our dogs eyes was a trustworthy part of the pack they payed the same attention and service to our neighbor who had the pool guy working. They never met that pool guy before so they barked at him and then the situation must have exploded. I don't know what tool they (who of both?) used against my dog. But fact is that she was badly injured.

I tried to talk to the neighbor but she doesn't open the door when i ring. And when she sees us from far she disappears quickly. Kinda bad conscience?

Ta for the reply Armadillo. It's kinda what I expected.
Nova, don't get all het up here..
You cant rely on the landlord to secure your dog - thats your responsibility. If the dog can't be properly contained, it simply shouldnt be there.
Ive got two Staffies that are definitely protective, but they also know boundaries - a clear understanding between me and them. Instilled. One of them was also a severely abused dog that I couldnt begin to relay the sheer horrors she faced.
Love, respect and training just cant lose.
Its my belief that there's no such thing as a bad dog, just an ill-informed human.
Hope your dog recovers well.

Congrats on Sissy doing the mom thing again Armadillo! That is one of the coolest things I know. I hope you have the time to keep us updated on how the eggs do. Best of luck to you and yours, them and your dogs.

IMG_2944.jpg

Great Dane female. Her name is Koira which is Finnish for dog. THis is when she was younger. She is now about 120 pounds and just a lovely beast.

I use to breed many of the worlds most venomous snake species. I stopped do to living situations and money. If you want to see a few check out my Myspace profile at http://www.myspace.com/zacharymarkham. Mainly specialized in cobras, but had many others like Gaboon vipers, puff adders, rattlesnakes, etc, etc. Also had scorpions for a tad, but I am just in love with snakes. Some of the most beautiful yet deadly creatures. :) Should've been a herpetologist......lol

Here's 2 shots of my wife's rescue dogs at play ?? I question who's really playing ...... I know Noble the brindle is ....... but not so sure about Ginger !! The last photo isn't in focus very well because of the fast action. But I still love Ginger showing a face full of teeth ..... she's viscous !! LOL

Peace,
P. Dreadie

2e4cjd5.jpg

20iuu8l.jpg

I have 2 more pictures of Noble the brindle from above. He's part Greyhound . This time he's playing with my dawg Zeb. Also it took me a while to realize what/who Ginger from the above photos reminds of. It's her teeth mainly .... the saber tooth squirrel from the cartoon movie Ice Age.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

353cal1.jpg

262t6yx.jpg

hey, this is summer shes a 3 year old dane x mastiff last weight in was 80 odd kgs. we've had here since she was 7 weeks old

7 weeks
7Weeks.jpg

about 1.5 years
SummerMay08.jpg

now
009.jpg

wet doooogggg
048.jpg

thanks, tom

beautiful pup. I will never again own an animal that weighs more than half what I do. That the pup is not yet full grown and is tall enough to kiss you on top of your head. I want a reference photo from now, please?
Properly trained, you have the best body guard in the world!

These are my girls Molly (Mama)Cane Corso
Sanibel (Kitty)Cane Corso X Rottwieler
Here's Molly on the couch
CIMG1119.jpg

CIMG6255.jpg

out in the yard
CIMG5861.jpg

here's the two of them on the porch
CIMG1025.jpg

Back