• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

Speaking of cats...............these are the barn kitties at the Third Turtle................I left one day to pick up two kittens from a rescue operation......came home with four (anyone see a pattern here)......the next week, another starving cat showed up.  I have officially reached my cat quota.  

I highly recommend adopting pets..............

This is Jack, Norman, and Russell.......Jack and Russell are the kitten brothers and Norman came home with them.....

Tobias showed up later as a sack of fur and bones

Norman

Russell

Jack and Russell

Jack

Yang
He was the first kitten I brought home, but he preferred the company of our neighbor's cats.  He visits frequently

Nightshade said:
7f8369f4-708f-47b2-8d66-535893a77863_zpsa647b253.jpg

this would be joe he is a Madagascar hissing cockroach he enjoys long walks on the beach, politics, and sitting down for a nice relaxing dinner of leaves and monkey chow.
NIce. I have a few of them also, one red and one yellow. The yellow one is a bit of a metalhead.(I swear to God, I am not kidding about this. I was listening to Uprising when I looked up and saw him/her(her AFIAK) tapping her antenna to the bass pattern. Turned song off, tapping stops, turned back on, tapping started.) Other than that I have a pair of rats, one of whom is a more of a chilehead than I am. I'll post pictures in a few hours.

roper2008 said:
Thanks Penny.  Oscar is my avatar at tomatoville.  He's a chubby boy and I'm surprised he is "the last of the mohicans" as my brother always says.

Essegi, those are some pretty cats you have there.  I went to petsmart 3 weeks ago and  looked at the cats they had for adoption.  Boy, there were
just as big as my chubby daschund.  Very beautiful cats, and the one I really liked look very similar to your cat on the left.   I've never owned a cat
before.  Maybe one day, but oscar doesn't like cats.  So that's out for now.
Thanks, maybe if you take a kitten cat it would be easier to be friend with your dog...

Penny said:
Awwwwe, those kitties are pretty darn cute Essegi!!

I'll check that out too, thanks Roper.
Thanks!

Lady Sic said:
Great photo! Love the predator look of Jack and Russel face in background! And there are Norman ad Tobias too!
Yang has a cut ear? Nice face he has!
Lupin has lost an upper canine and i noticed that 3-4 months later...

Here Tobi after washing him. We went for a walk and he was very dirty... He was frenzied so it has been difficult to take a shot...

iHu75QcFzd9Gi.jpg

Essegi........we have a huge population of Feral cats in FL......there is a huge movement to catch, spay/neuter and release the feral cats back to their territory and colony. They tip the ear to signify that the cat has been sterilized. Some feral cats are adoptable. Yang and Norman both have tipped ears. The others were not brought in as feral, but dropped off at a kill shelter. They were saved, and fixed by a rescue group...............Tobi is super cute!

I really enjoy this thread.......thanks for sharing pics everyone! I just want to hug them all.......even NS hissing cockroach is cool

Rawkstah said:
Careful with Rascal, I tend to accumulate white dogs….
Am I safe if he's not all white? He has very light red patches as well lol.

Lady Sic said:
Lol! MH, you better keep an eye on that pooch.........Glad you adopted!
Thanks Lady Sic! Will do. All 3 of our pets are actually rescue animals. My wife got her dog from the pound about 8 years ago, and both Rascal (well Max now lol) and our cat were adopted from rescue shelters. We felt better adopting animals in need.

MeatHead1313 said:
All 3 of our pets are actually rescue animals. My wife got her dog from the pound about 8 years ago, and both Rascal (well Max now lol) and our cat were adopted from rescue shelters. We felt better adopting animals in need.
:surprised:

Booma said:
Couple new pics of Rocky, playing with the new camera

attachicon.gif
DSC00009.JPG

And THAT ^^^ is why we don't let our dogs play with cameras, lol!  Great pics Booma!

Browning said:
My 2 year sons puppy, Sarge.  This pic got him on the news about a week back.  First time he's experienced a decent amount of snow.  We had light dustings up until that night.  He's a 9 week old husky, lab, golden retriever mix. 
7h812BG.jpg

Seriously!  I just wanna squeeze him!

thank you, she was couple months shy of 12 yrs old (which is real old for CC) had her since 8 weeks old, good dog lived a good spoiled life! but had to put her down.

Again, I am so sorry, its never an easy thing to lose a pet, and to make that decision to have him/her put down...its gut wrenching. Glad to hear that she lived a good life, and it sounds like you have happy memories.

Back