• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PhatMan Dereks Grow Log V2.0

Put a thermometer on top of the pellets where nothing has sprouted and see what the temperatures are with and without the lid.

Pam said:
Put a thermometer on top of the pellets where nothing has sprouted and see what the temperatures are with and without the lid.
Unfortunately Pam the only thermometer I have is a thermometer. I do have a thermo gun in the shed but I will have ti wait until spring to get it.

PhatManDerek said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by damping, But the soil is damp on both green houses!

"Damping off" is a fungal disease that can kill seedlings. Using sterile peat pellets like those would decrease your chances, as would good air circulation. If a normal looking seedling suddenly dies and looks as though it was pinched at the soil line, it's damped off.

Pam said:
"Damping off" is a fungal disease that can kill seedlings. Using sterile peat pellets like those would decrease your chances, as would good air circulation. If a normal looking seedling suddenly dies and looks as though it was pinched at the soil line, it's damped off.
Oh thank you Pam :)

I've left the lids since I've planted the seeds a week ago!

but I've just took the lid off now.

I take the lids off as soon as the first sprout shows. I don't want the light being filtered and removing it doesn't seem to hurt germination at all.

Mike

Sometimes seedlings look yellowish and wrinkly for the first day or two of life before they green up and spread their leaves.

A major update on my grow log, I lost one little seedling that's the one that was in the green pot, I accidentally put the little in direct sunlight and he died, Going to miss that little guy. Anyways the others I've planted 2 weeks ago has they're leaves, and the poblano's has sprouted and growing fast!

Do these look good? and are they going to make it?

Do these look good? And are they going to make it?

All the leafs I see on all my plants look very green, big and full.

485603407_w5br6-S.jpg

485603422_LR9Po-S.jpg

One plant only has 1 leaf and I hope he can make it. Only 4 of the pods were duds.

Txclosetgrower said:
Nope, they're goners. Are you sure you used the spring seed starters and not the winter ones?
eh if they're not going to make how come they look good and healthy? And what are you talking about spring starters?

PhatManDerek said:
eh if they're not going to make how come they look good and healthy? And what are you talking about spring starters?

I'm just giving you a hard time for asking us if seeds that just sprouted are going to make it. We're chileheads, not psychics. :lol:

Txclosetgrower said:
I'm just giving you a hard time for asking us if seeds that just sprouted are going to make it. We're chileheads, not psychics. :lol:
Oh I'll have to remember that your a joker

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Get them out of the cave and get your light close to your little ones. They are alive but look very leggy to me.
What does leggy mean?

thepodpiper said:
They are very long and spindly you need to put them under the lights NOW. What kind of lights are you using?

Dale
Dale, Only light I have is a big bay window in my apartment that's pretty much let in direct sunlight!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Leggy means they are tall and lanky. Move your light closer to them.
Thanks I should have known that but I'm still learning all these plant terms.

If your are going to have any success growing peppers indoors you need some grow lights, either CFL or regular shop light floro. Your bay window is not giving your plants all that they need, and it is probably pretty cold at night. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

Back