• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PhatMan Dereks Grow Log V2.0

Ok do I need to water the seedlings?

The top seems moist & damp to the touch, but the the whole pot seems light, and its been 3 days since I've watered it last.

I was trying to wait until Sunday to water the plant but I don't want to kill any chance at germanation.

If it's damp, it's probably fine. If you're worried, set the seed cup in a bowl of warmish water for about 10 or 15 minutes and see if it wicks up any moisture. Don't leave it sitting in the water for a long time, you don't want the soil sodden, if it's dry, it will wick up what it needs rather quickly.

Pam said:
If it's damp, it's probably fine. If you're worried, set the seed cup in a bowl of warmish water for about 10 or 15 minutes and see if it wicks up any moisture. Don't leave it sitting in the water for a long time, you don't want the soil sodden, if it's dry, it will wick up what it needs rather quickly.
Thank you Pam.

Ok day 6 and nothing yet, however it's about close to sprout since I have about 4 more day's and if it don't sprout in 4 day's I'm trying again.

Derek,

If you only give seeds 10 days to sprout before starting new ones, you are going to be starting three sets a month! Take a chill pill and relax - they will sprout!

Mike

wordwiz said:
Derek,

If you only give seeds 10 days to sprout before starting new ones, you are going to be starting three sets a month! Take a chill pill and relax - they will sprout!

Mike
Do I want to take a Blue one? Or do I want to take the red Chill Pill?

ExtremeBurn said:
dude, go buy a heating mat if you're that anxious lol... that will speed things up for you.
That's what my computer is for.

30 Celsius with 8 fans and a freezer heat sink.

That's what you get when you have 4 cpu's and duel video cards.

I used to be a gamer LOL.

PhatManDerek said:
That's what my computer is for.

30 Celsius with 8 fans and a freezer heat sink.

That's what you get when you have 4 cpu's and duel video cards.

I used to be a gamer LOL.

They will germinate dude...

PhatManDerek said:
Thank you, I'm defently going to get a proper set up and I would like links to proper kits if there is any?

There's no single right way to do it really... it's up to you how you want to do it. I can tell you how I do it.... I get a 72 cell seed starting tray with drain holes in the bottom and a carry tray and some good seed starting potting mix. Moisten up your mix (not soaking wet) fill the cells in the starting tray 3/4 full and toss in a seed or 2 in each cell. cover the seeds with about 1/4" of the moist mix. Toss the bad dad on a germination mat (or heating mat) and cover it.... wait a little bit and BAM germination buddy

ExtremeBurn said:
There's no single right way to do it really... it's up to you how you want to do it. I can tell you how I do it.... I get a 72 cell seed starting tray with drain holes in the bottom and a carry tray and some good seed starting potting mix. Moisten up your mix (not soaking wet) fill the cells in the starting tray 3/4 full and toss in a seed or 2 in each cell. cover the seeds with about 1/4" of the moist mix. Toss the bad dad on a germination mat (or heating mat) and cover it.... wait a little bit and BAM germination buddy
Thanks bro, If this doesn't work in 2 more weeks I'll go ahead and get the right stuff.

By the way you guys say a heating mat?

What is a heating mat? Is it anything like the reptiles heating I own at home?

ExtremeBurn said:
I go up to the wineries up there every summer with my girlfriend... it's a good ole time
And I've been trying to get the freak out of here.

That's the main reason I'm going to college so I can get some doors open for me and move to my dream state Florida, I've been there several times for vacation and I've been to Saint August which is the place I want to transfer too once I can get my grade to 4.0.

PhatManDerek said:
And I've been trying to get the freak out of here.

That's the main reason I'm going to college so I can get some doors open for me and move to my dream state Florida, I've been there several times for vacation and I've been to Saint August which is the place I want to transfer too once I can get my grade to 4.0.

I heard you guys got something like 18" of snow the other day! holy hell... i need to head up to crystal mountain and get some snowboarding in!

ExtremeBurn said:
I heard you guys got something like 18" of snow the other day! holy hell... i need to head up to crystal mountain and get some snowboarding in!
Yeah we have, And it's raining right now with more snow coming.

I thought Iggy was crazy, But man you can take the cake.

"I hate I mean I hate the snow big time"

Back