• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Great photos Brandon and Scovi! The wife got me some great camera stuff for Christmas, one of which is this tripod: http://www.amazon.com/Dolica-AX620B100-62-Inch-Proline-Tripod/dp/B001D60LG8 It is amazing! Its only like 40 bucks and it is really sturdy and light enough to bring with you. I love it because I can now leave my shutter open for longer and get much better photos. Like when I am in lower light I can shoot without the flash and the tripod keeps my camera super still.

It's 'Three Fingered Jacks' Saloon. Next time I go there, I'll take the camera. I used to go there quite a bit when I was in the pool league. Maybe we'll go there for lunch next week, and I'll snap some pics for you.

I'm in a pool league now. Well, Tuesday nights. My bar isn't very interesting. That one looks cool. Bet it has old wooden floors and a giant mirror behind the bar.

Yep, exactly! Everything in Winthrop is "Westernized". They used to have Steak night on Thursdays in the Winter. They would put all the tables together, and it was all locals feasting on Rib-eye's, and New Yorks. Baked potato, veg. your choice for $6. It was a ton of fun. Not sure why they quit doing it but it was a blast. A couple events a year happen in Winthrop. One of them is "Christmas at the end of the road", the town lighting, where the whole town turns all their Christmas lights on at the same time, horse drawn carriages, fires going up and down the street, and fireworks. On Saturday and Sunday, it's "snow-shoe baseball" time.

In July, there's "Winthrop Rhythm and Blues Fest" (google it). 3 days of, camping, Blues, and Alkeehol! Waaaaay fun. They've had some pretty big names come there, Like; Joe Louis Walker, Buddy Guy, Eddie Cotton, Tower of Power, those dudes from WAR (there's a story there). and Too Slim and the Taildraggers, etc etc etc. It's cool because after the "show" on Friday and Saturday nights, they have what's called 'Locals Jam', where some of the artists, jam together in the beer tent. (SL has a story there, and it's a doozy! but I ain't tellin!)

MGOLD, does your camera work with a remote? If you can get one, that really works well. You don't "wiggle" the camera when you push the button. The remote for my camera was only $11. You are wayyyyy more knowlegable than me, shutter speeds, light etc. I'm still on the "Auto" everything setting. LOL

Winthrop Rhythm and Blues is always around my birthday in July. This particular year, my birthday was on Sunday and it also happened to be my 40th birthday.

Sunday night at the after-hours jam in the beer tent, Scovie, chile juju and I are partying with the rest of the crowd right at the edge of the stage. The singer (Nicole Fornier, I think) was giving away cds and said "ALRIGHT! The first person to get naked gets a free CD!"

I got the CD. :cool:

I also lost my small purse and $30 with that stunt...:mope:

that's what the rest of the crowd did :lol:

I would have been like who's a sexy bitch?

<< this guy.

You know, when my avatar is me again, none of this is going to be funny. But for now, its hilarious.

Gotta run a few places I'll take a pic of Walmart and DQ for you. We even have Target and Lowes and Home Depot and more lol. Its not always freezing as a matter of fact our summers get up to 110° sometimes. October through March its 20°-50°… crazy weather honestly. For being this side of the mountains at least.

Over the holidays my daughter showed me a tutorial on making smoke pictures. She then took quite a few pictures in her make-shift set up in the garage, and this is the result of our new interest. Here is one of my favorites so far.

Screenshot2012-01-05at122601PM.png

You have got to be kidding me! That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen! (top 1000 anyway LOL).
Keep them coming! I have to investigate.

Ok, chileaddict...that is some COOL stuff! Can I put DIBS on your first smoke picture that resembles/looks really like a chile pod of some kind?

Chileaddict thank you for wallpaper. I have to find a way to get one on my ancient dumb phone........I refuse to have a phone smarter then me. :lol:

That's amazing CA. They are awesome! Keep sharing :)

Thanks Betterhalf. I was surprised when the first pics came out like this. Who knew?
very cool. What was the source of your smoke??

Incense sticks. Some of the images look like they have two legs. That is from using 2 sticks. The garage smelled really nice while doing this.
Ok, chileaddict...that is some COOL stuff! Can I put DIBS on your first smoke picture that resembles/looks really like a chile pod of some kind?

Funny you should say that Ann. One of the first ideas that came to my mind while doing this was to figure out a way to turn this into chile art. If I figure it out (or just get lucky) you will get it first.
Chileaddict thank you for wallpaper. I have to find a way to get one on my ancient dumb phone........I refuse to have a phone smarter then me. :lol:

No problem. They have become my wallpaper on a 27" iMac.

Back