• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Here's just some pics I snapped today of some of the wildlife around here... 35 feet from my house.... REALLY wild.

Deer Raiding the bird Feeder
a1837565.jpg

a58a06b4.jpg

46b44077.jpg

98a068ab.jpg

Just as we were sitting down for or afterwork refreshment, this Peregrine Falcon came down and caught a vole, and by the time I got the Camera, he was eating it on the fence post.
The last pic was lucky, I just happened to click while he flew..
05085ce5.jpg

daef428d.jpg

27195cad.jpg

It ain't smoke, but you should like these Rich...

DAMN guys! loke the pics! i just placed the the order for my new camera! the old powershot died! and i opted for a DSLR ordered a NIkon D3100! can wait to get it and experiment! i will have some more pics soon to come!!!

Spongey

I got a D3100 a few months back and love it. I recommend youtube instead of reading to learn how to get out of the auto modes, and also just to get a great grasp on the camera. I love it and learn something new every day.

Beehunter I live in WA (opposite side of the mountains from SD) and tonight we got three inches so far..... I live on the side of the state that doesn't get much snow. My elevation is over 800'. So yup we still are getting snow.

SD how much do you guys have?

Hey thanks! its a pretty beautiful country! although WA looks like my kind of place as well! Do you guys really still have that much snow on the ground? whats your elevation?
Sorry I missed this.
Believe it or not, but we're only at 1500 ft. And yes, still at about 18" where it's undisturbed. I should tell you tho that,
15 minutes by car we would be at 4200 ft.
And the Robins showed up yesterday! That means Spring is on it's way. Yay!

edit: nice piccy there Sponge, you get your new camera? i can't wait.

Scoville those last pics were with the new camera. I will be playing with settings to remember everything from bsck in the film days and my old nikormat.

Nice, Ross Lake has the same thing, kid of erie, but beautiful. You definitely have an eye CA.
Is that Mt. Si in the background?

Mt. Si to the far left and Mt. Teneriffe to the far right (in pics above). Here is another. Lindsey has my Nikon so these were taken with a little point and shoot camera.

Screenshot2012-03-17at111651AM.png

I wonder how many people know what those horizontal black marks are on the stumps? Everyone from the NW should know but others?

I love that last stump with the long roots snaking out.

Back