• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Hey Richard - I never knew! Awesome images - I hope there is more : ) When you have a minute.

Ok. Here's another. Look how odd things happen when you play with smoke.

Screenshot2012-02-05at91056AM.png

I came across this at work today, I am really interested in Urban Photograpy
http://sleepycity.net/best

Decaying Photography
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/20-beautiful-examples-of-urban-decay-photography

and Long Exposure Photography
http://www.noupe.com/photography/45-astonishing-long-exposure-photos.html

We have a bunch of abandoned barracks on base and I could probably just stop by them on the way home from work one day. I think it would be super cool to be in an abandoned/decayed building trying to compose the best shot.

Also, long exposure photos are simple to do and the only thing you need is a tripod. I got one for Christmas, but it was only like 20 or 30 bucks. I have started to work on my sunrise photos, but it takes some working to get it right. Shooting in camera RAW, so I do post, so hopefully I will get it right and have something to show for the early mornings. But the things they do with glow sticks, vehicles, and other long exposed shots are amazing.

Thought I would share.

Please post ASAP MGOLD. Thanks for the Long Exposure Photography site. Very cool. Here is a kind of long exposure I took last year at Lake Union 4th of July. I think of it as Spiders From Mars Raining Hell Down Below. Notice the battle going on at the lower center of pic?

Screenshot2012-02-11at85231AM.png

MG the Urban Decay photos are wicked looking, Very cool, course I'm also a zombie fan :)

CA nice photo, can't get enough of those smoke ones either.
Aaron

This is in Portuguese so hit the CC button. Not a ton of photos, but a cool video showing some long exposure stuff. Pretty cool stuff.
MG the Urban Decay photos are wicked looking, Very cool, course I'm also a zombie fan :)

I told my wife that I want to go looking for abandoned asylums and stuff and she left the room....

just a little fun I had one day a couple of years ago on an early harvest....

PepperArt07-06-08.jpg

and if you want to see a picture of the creature that takes semicircular cuts out of the margins of your leaves...meet Mr. Leaf Cutter Bee

071108b001.jpg

Got the wife an Orchid for V-Day and I had no idea how cool they look inside the flower.

b3bb24d7.jpg

afaaec30.jpg

62fabff1.jpg

Shot on a tripod with a slow shutter speed. The last one I started messin with a LED Flashlight to try to get some cool angles or shadows. I still need to figure out post processing, so as of right now these have been untouched.

I have a baby comin in the next few days and am up to my ears in pepper stuff so I think when I head back overseas at the end of the year I will have about 6 or 7 months of practice in my free time. The best part is one of the guys that is goin with me is very, very good with his camera. He brought his D3 out last time with like half a dozen lenses so maybe I will get my feet wet with the big boy toys...

Recommendations welcome.

Back