• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

We recently vacationed at Skyline Village Inn and Cavern Tavern close to Little
Switzerland, NC.

IMAG1590.jpg

IMAG1582.jpg

It sure does. It's an old inn on the side of a mountain that we found via random
internet searches last year.

skylinevillageinn1.jpg

sicman, I'm sorry that your beer nears emptyness. It is quite fortunate that I'm not
encumbered with that problem this evening...

IMAG1685.jpg

Here's what their website has to say about the Cavern Tavern:

"Located adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 331, the historic Skyline Inn was built by John M Greer in the side of the mountain at the entrance to a cavern, where a moonshine still was located. Construction began in 1942 and was completed in 1948 financed by the moonshine money. Mr. Greer was a master carpenter and stonemason. His handy work is present in the wood paneling, marble floors and wood inlay tables throughout the building."

It has quickly become one our favorite places to go and escape
for a night or two. It's pet-friendly too so we always take our dog.

http://www.skylinevi...com/default.htm

IMAG1605.jpg

Edited: Too early to HTML

Okay Ann, I think I pic'ed( :rofl: )the right one this time...
IMG_0730-1.jpg

I am going backwards, ;)...cool, you must must be way older than you look scovie, it gotta be the WHISKEY!
aNN- THE LAKE SHOT- MY FIRST THOUGHTS ;BESIDES BEING JEALOUS OF WHERE YOU LIVE.....were, cool ,spring board notches and with a wee bit of work ..some really cool coffee tables.I might be a bad person.
Great shots, and now, back to going backwards;)

Thanks Sicman!
Here's some more pictures of Washington State Toothpicks...
05-9-whatcom-5.jpg

05-9-whatcom-3.jpg

05-9-whatcom-1.jpg

44big.jpg

Katrina
"I'll toss my hat in the ring....Mostly shot with an old worn out 6mp Nikon D50"
The first part I believe......the second...why you little liar!!!!That cameras obviously NOT worn out....

in fact, I extremely unhappy right now...because I am not infact UNDER those palm trees!!!!
I might have sneak me some screen savin action there....with your permission?
Please?

that's A cool pic!

YIPPIE, just hit my 500!
Hey-Sorry pal, not quite as impressive as you were when you sported that warning point... :rofl: but much obliged to pop your 500 cherry :eek: !

This one? Oh yeah, me too. A fun, but challenging lens to use. My favorite.
Screenshot2012-04-01at91141AM.png
its a little older lens but but it was awesome shooting in full manual mode playing wiht DOF and manual focus too!

here is a couple i took yesterday, hopefully i will have more to post tonight or tomorrow
lady was hand feeding this squirrel! it was hilarious
DSC_0096.jpg

and some roses and a rose leaf, have lots more to share but need to upload the rest
DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

great-I just finish snoopin camer comparisons.....I see this stuff.......ah, to dslr or not.....

...sneaky slippin an aphid in with no comments

a few from Colorado........
one of the last trips into S Lazy U before road closure.....hehe....for most people anyway.....
cottonwoodjpg.jpg

The old Lodge....
SLazyUjpg.jpg

Silver Mine just outside Creede
Creedeminejpg.jpg

14,000' Cairn....270 Weatherby Mag
270weatherby14kCairnjpg.jpg

Random stream...San Juans
streamjpg.jpg

shot with a beaten beleagered Canon AE-1programw/28mm
Have a good one...
DJ

Welding on my buddy and I's overhead crane....check out my glog if you want to see the creation these pics are from. (I love the Colorado pics and that garden? or Side of the road Gnslngr....very amazing)

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

Back