• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

I'll toss my hat in the ring....Mostly shot with an old worn out 6mp Nikon D50

Looming.jpg

100_0101.jpg

8x10FRAMED.jpg

and one of my favorites...

THEBEAST.jpg

Yeah Sicman, and you still use a beeper.

Very nice Pics Katrina! I love weather shots, but that is one heck of a shot of the Chickadee.

my guess would be water levels from various years

Nope, they were put onto the tree way before the water levels went up....

nice pics, Katrina, and Spongey, your hummingbird pic reminds me to keep an eye out of the little buggers up here. They should be showing up any time in the next 2-4 weeks. With our mild weather, they could be earlier.

Nope, they were put onto the tree way before the water levels went up....

nice pics, Katrina, and Spongey, your hummingbird pic reminds me to keep an eye out of the little buggers up here. They should be showing up any time in the next 2-4 weeks. With our mild weather, they could be earlier.
they are here year round! :) its pouring here and they are still eating my food! LOL

yes, they are greedy little suckers, aren't they? When we have 30 huge lilac bushes in full bloom, they still want the juice. I suppose it is easier just to belly up to the bottle than to flit around to all those tiny blossoms getting tiny little drops of nectar~ I'll see if I can find one of those pics.

Spongey! Awesome hummer pics!!! That last one - the little guys actually looks like he's smiling! Can't wait til ours show up - usually right around my birthday, and for the past 2 years ON my b-day!

Kat - that chickadee photo is amazing! I'm with them every day and never get to see that much detail! :)

Two of my favorite birds on the same page!!!!! It makes me smile! :)

Hey Spongey. Great pics of the hummingbird! Take some shots with the flash up to see if you can get the iridescent colors to come out more. And post.

Hey Spongey. Great pics of the hummingbird! Take some shots with the flash up to see if you can get the iridescent colors to come out more. And post.

thats my project for this week! i thought about that but did not want it to get spooked and be trapped in the apt!

Kat - that chickadee photo is amazing! I'm with them every day and never get to see that much detail! :)

Thanks Christi -
That was a "spray n pray" picture! I was shooting for a photo contest, and the rules stated that you had one year to take your photo's, and they had to be taken on dept of conservation property.....on the last week of the year I was sitting motionless in the forest (10 below zero!). This little fella was hopping around on a gravevine acting all funny, hanging upside down, then he just stopped and "puffed up"..... It won first place :)
1stplacelarge.jpg

This one makes me miss my back porch when I lived in the L.A. area. Mine was 2nd floor overlooking the pool and fountain in a condo complex, and had those huge bird of paradise plants screening it. Overhead was the floor of my upstairs neighbor's porch, so I was pretty screened in. Used to fix a glass of wine after work and just sit there a while. Hummingbirds would come in and out around the bird of paradise, ignoring me and checking out the flowers and herbs I grew on the porch. It was like a little slice of heaven nestled in a world of insanity.

Check this out, an ALBINO ROBIN! I've never seen one before.
I didn't even know it was a Robin, until it started singing with the other Robins, making the same sounds!
Taken yesterday...
da406305.jpg

a64c79b4.jpg

This Morning, out in the field, about 300 yards from my house, a Bald Eagle feeding...

16228d39.jpg

9cc3e2de.jpg

87d91ae4.jpg

8bfdf667.jpg

Here come the Magpie's...
25fad1e5.jpg

9dc5979e.jpg

The neighbors dog was headed out there, and I just got a shot as she flew off, (far left)...
4b380769.jpg

Back