• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

This is a place near me called Rattlesnake Lake. When the lake is low, many old tree stumps become fully visible.

Screenshot2012-03-17at104836AM.png

Screenshot2012-03-17at102611AM.png

Oh, Sorry, forgot to tell-

The notches in the stumps were cut by the axmen for springboards. They notched the tree, stuck a board about 8-10" wide and 6' long into the notch, hopped up onto the board and chopped away at the tree. They would move around the tree, hence the 3 notches visible on the one side, and often times there were 2 men working on one tree. They also used the springboards when using a two-handled buck saw.

cfcb7911.jpg

Scoville's albino robin was COOL, I got to see it also.

Damn Scovie! Those are some great photos. Talk about a great experience. Nothing like the king of the birds eating a beast in your yard....

Thanks MGOLD. I've been watching them all day. At one Point I saw 5 Bald (1 was immature), 2 Golden, and a couple Vultures swooping around, and the Magpies and Ravens are always nearby. When there's to much activity the neighbor's dog runs out there and wants to play lol.

Great shots everyone!!!
SD, I particularly like the one where there is a string of sinew hanging out of the birds mouth!! Great stuff.

I'm going to upload my favorite picture I've ever taken, not involving my kids, of course...

I got all up in it's mouth!!

IMGP2340.jpg

That's a great shot. You can see the whiskers on his face! Giraffe's always look like they're smokin something.

Yeah, FD, that Eagle was pulling, tugging and shredding that Deer, pulling off big 'ol chuncks of meat.

these are not that great but they are of my buddies bike that caght fire yesterday after the motor threw a rod and seized the tranny at 100MPH he is sore and bruised but no broken bones after he tumbles 6-7 times down the track! he was on the 3rd lap ever on this new motor too!
IMAG0056.jpg

this is under the tank af the air intake and wires
IMAG0057.jpg

Glad that he's ok, Eric..Isn't it strange how you broke your ankle and he does a tankslapper at 100mph and comes away, thankfully, in pretty good shape? You just never know...

Back