• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Yes, I think they are the same.

From Wiki: 

Canola refers to both an edible oil (also known as canola oil) produced from the seed of any of several varieties of the rape plant, and to those plants, namely a cultivar of either rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) or field mustard/turnip rape (Brassica rapa subsp.oleifera, syn. B. campestris L.). Consumption of the oil is common and, unlike rapeseed, does not cause harm in humans[1][2] and livestock.[3] It is also used as a source ofbiodiesel.

SR.

Purple Phal started blooming at the beginning of the week, and one of the pure whites is just about to. Doin' something sorta right, but the spikes are not nearly as full as they could be. This purple one was a double spike last year and one of the spikes was bifurcated.

16464946197_163c8239bc_b.jpg

Roots!

16050045934_b483c0a825_c.jpg

Shorerider said:
Yes, I think they are the same.

From Wiki: 

Canola refers to both an edible oil (also known as canola oil) produced from the seed of any of several varieties of the rape plant, and to those plants, namely a cultivar of either rapeseed (Brassica napus L.) or field mustard/turnip rape (Brassica rapa subsp.oleifera, syn. B. campestris L.). Consumption of the oil is common and, unlike rapeseed, does not cause harm in humans[1][2] and livestock.[3] It is also used as a source ofbiodiesel.

SR.

Yes and vegetarians also call fish and eggs plants so...stop the insanity.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
nice Sum, the wife and I had orchids a few years then came kids....

I heard having those will force your priorities to shift.  ;)

There are mini-Phals out there now about 1/4 the size of "normal" Phals (flowers are mini also). Small kid friendly on out of the way high window sills.

Green up your kitchen window with one if you run across them.

16682490095_9f575e4874_c.jpg

sicman said:
Awesome diggs Sr. Looks very peaceful. 

Thanks Sicman. Yes, it is very peaceful although it is still in the suburbs and only 40 minutes from the city of Melbourne. Best of both worlds. We get Kangaroos eating our front grass some mornings.

Another pic late one afternoon as I arrived home from work. Made my day.

Shadow in the foreground is my house.  :P
20130615_162531.jpg

Cropped. 
20130615_162531-1-1_1.jpg

SR.

Photo is looking east, towards Melbourne CBD. The ocean is to the south. You may get a better idea looking at my location on the members map. 

In any respect, the ocean is too far away for my liking. 

SR.

Shorerider said:
Photo is looking east, towards Melbourne CBD. The ocean is to the south. You may get a better idea looking at my location on the members map. 

In any respect, the ocean is too far away for my liking. 

SR.
Do you surf?

I don't surf, but I do Body board sometimes.

Spearfishing is what I love to do in the ocean, such beautiful scenery and delicious seafood to be had.

SR.

Shorerider said:

Spearfishing is what I love to do in the ocean, such beautiful scenery and delicious seafood to be had.

SR.

You and me both.

People I know go spend all day on the water, only to catch crap A LOT of the time ...

Me? ... I walk down to the pier and put on my mask/snorkel and flipper and go pick the fish I want to eat and throw it into an el cheapo styro cooler that I can throw away after I clean it up etc ...

It's a yearly thing, although I'm afraid I missed the last one due to work ...

Spearfishing is the most selective form of fishing there is, as you only take what you want.

Most of the great memories I've had spearfishing don't involve a days catch, just special moments in amongst the fish life. You just can't experience that above water.

SR.

Shorerider said:

SR.
I am a bodyboarder as well, actually 30 years+ :) Been around the world doing what I love! 

As some of yall know I am looking for a piece of property to put my news home on here in the Big Horn basin of Wyoming. So I thought I would share my ideal location and a picture from my past. Both these photos were taken just outside of Shell, Wyoming. Both were taken from property that my family owned when I was young. Literally, both these photos were taken on the property I lived at. If I had my way and I could convice the owner, a family friend, to sell the property, this is where I would place my new home. Talk about a million dollar view!

First shot is a picture I personally took in 2013 when we moved to Wyoming briefly. I am back now, single, and looking for the ideal location for my new home...

SANY0859.jpg

Second shot is a pro shot that was also taken from our old property. Same property, different angle and up on top of the hill.

Bighorns_13.jpg

Back