• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's early progress 2010

Those plants are looking great. I think I may have said this last year, but I think I might have to try and over-winter a plant or 2 this year. Potawie, you sir are an inspiration!

To be honest most of my overwintered plants aren't doing very well, but now that they are getting more sunshine they may do alright.
I'll try to get a pic of the overwinterd plants but I'll have to wait for my stupid wireless internet connection to start working properly again. Believe it or not I'm thinking of actually going back to dial-up:(

OK, here's a few of my overwintered plants. The one on the left(Kapowie arrowhead) is quite healthy, the others have had quite a bit of aphid damage and/or neglect and are worse than they look in the pic. The damn aphids are really starting to get bad again, almost time for ladybugs
4392150170_f7a5383bbb.jpg

Here's a strange plant I have growing. Its a Masca sarga annuum and exactly half the plant looks sick while the other half looks fine and is producing pods and it starts right from the first "fork" Its hard to get a detailed pic but here's what I got

Both sides
4459278589_88ecc99f98.jpg

Bad half
4459278593_59969dab07.jpg

Good side
4459278597_7a90572f06.jpg

you can definatly tell the difference in the first pic the whole left sides foliage is crinkled up. whilst the right side is very flat and good looking curious to see pics when you get ripe pods and how the flavor and heat is?

what did you cross with the Chinese 5 color?
for a successful cross does it have to be from the same species? like Baccatum X Baccatum

Hi Potawie,

This is a pic of one of my plants, it looks very similar to your half sick plant.
You can see some parts look terrible and sick and other look like healthy growth.
I wish I could figure it out.

It was a nice sunny day yesterday so I had most of my pepper plants out in the greenhouse with the shade cloth on, tying to harden them off. Unfortunately we're not supposed to go above freezing today:(

4461965527_bd7e16bf90.jpg

4462727698_5baa56e5f0.jpg

How long have you had the Redwoods growing? Pepper plants my ......:P

POTAWIE I really enjoy your threads as they're informative and just plain fun to watch. I am looking forward to this year big time.

You trying to corner the market on Pro Mix there?

Best of luck to you.

The bigger plants are 2nd year peppers and some tomatoes. My 4 year old Guadaloupe hab died on me recently:( R.I.P.

Potawie, the plants are looking awesome and green man and get that wood stove going today and tonight with this artic air we have. Just curious the greenhouse you got. How much do those type usually cost? Looking into getting one like that.
Sorry to hear about the guadeloupe hab. Its a nice and rare variety. Its one iv'e been admiring for years looking at yours and SBS's photos of it but could not find it anywhere. I finally got two seeds off another forum member in a trade. Germinating right now. Crossing my fingers it comes up
I guess since you kept it for 4 years it must be a good variety.

Ciao Derek-

Yeah, the weather dood said tonight's forecast to be the coldest this month with some parts of the GTA as low as -10C. I've got row covers over the peas I planted the other day when it was so warm out.

Sorry to hear about your Guadalupe. :( Hugs.

Back