• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quad's FrankenGrow diary

Today was repotting day for some of the plants...boy, lotta work even for these few.

I replanted into those 8x8 fiber pots using my usual mix of 2/3 Pro-Mix BX, 1/3 generic potting soil, some Perlite, a mix of ferts and a dash of Epsom Salts for good measure.

Here's the pics...dern color is still off when I take pics under those purple lights. The plants look yellow but they really aren't.

S6301161.JPG

S6301162.JPG

And a couple of babies going from Jiffy's to containers.

S6301163.JPG

Fun day here.
Time for a Beer. :D

-QS

Thanks man, it's worth it. :)

Here's my Jalapeno..it's just going nutz in the window...up to 16" tall and about a foot wide with tons of flowers and baby pods. :D

S6301166.jpg

A man who looks after his plants i see Quad thx for the updated pics some really healthy beasts you been growing my friend ;)

Chiliac said:
Good looking babies! Your pots look great and scary at the same time. How long until they start rotting?

Well, the garden store I got them from said even outdoors they'd last up to a year or more. But, since they are indoors, she'd said 1-3 years. Peppers dont have hard invasive roots like a shrub or tree, and they aren't being wet by like sprinklers so little worries.

They are made to be 100% recyclable, but that's mainly when used with large stuff where ya just bury the whole pot like a tree.

Here's the link to the company that makes 'em:

http://westernpulp.com/n-g-small-medium.html

For a $1 each, they really have been working well.

Thx guys!

I had to move my babies in order to mess with the lights since the 'lil monsters are outgrowing the height I had the lights at.

So, some better color pic since they weren't under the purple glow. The partially visible one is my Jalapeno.

S6301594.JPG

S6301593.JPG

I'm starting to give them more fert since they are growing up. Just standard Miracle Grow 20-20-20 dissolvabe fert in a slightly diluted strength in tap water with some Epsom Salts for Magnesium.

Mmm, can't wait for pods. ;-)

-QS

talas said:
Like those biodegradable pots to are they peat pots or just paper? :)

Well, they are molded from cellulose, i.e. paper, by Western Pulp Products Co.

Molded Fiber Nursery Containers is what they call them.

These are the ones I get (8x8):
http://westernpulp.com/n-g-small-medium.html

Nursery & Greenhouse Containers – Un-Waxed

Minimum 66% Recycled Paper Content, with at least 33% Post-consumer Recycled Paper and the balance (33%) Pre-consumer Recycled Paper Content (dry weight basis).

Registration Number: SCS-MC-01692

Valid Certification Period: June 5, 2008 to May 31, 2009

Sustainability and other info.
http://westernpulp.com/n-g-sustainable.html

They seem to work very well, plus they are regionally made which is nice. A buddy of mine whos works on the west coast in a greenhouse uses them there as well.

-QS

Quad...I assume you are going to grow inside thru winter...if so, how tall can the plant get before your light height run out?

I have like 7' plus ceilings even with the false one, but I'm planning on not taller than around 2' plants in here. I'll just prune 'em if they get outa hand.

The box I intend making will be about 5' x 3' x 3' so there should be room. I'll need to get more lights, but that's not a biggy.

Woohoo..first ripening pod!!!

It literally did this overnight. Nice way to wake up, eh?

S6301672.JPG

FINALLY!

It's about 2" long. I'm unsure what variety it is.
S6301670.JPG

Here is the plant.
I had a lot of flowers drop, but NP..it's a first year anyways.
S6301679.jpg

There's another pod the same size that's still green.

I'm just happy to finally have some ripening pods. :onfire:

Thats great news Quad, i can't wait till i get my first pods (in about 5 months!)
Tis great to see your work and time invested pay off.

Back