• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quad's FrankenGrow diary

Way to go Quad! Five months of effort and it's finally paying off. I admire your persistence too, all the problems you had in the beginning, probably would have gotten the best of me. I'll bet you right now they'll be the best tasting peppers you've ever eaten. Congrats man.

Once they start getting red, they can't be stopped. Good to see your efforts are rewarded now. Enjoy! The first pepper picked is always special!

patrick said:
Way to go Quad! Five months of effort and it's finally paying off. I admire your persistence too, all the problems you had in the beginning, probably would have gotten the best of me. I'll bet you right now they'll be the best tasting peppers you've ever eaten. Congrats man.

Thanks!

Yeah, I did a lot of things wrong...a few times...but finally figured it out thanks to this place and it's trove of knowledgeable folks. :)

cheers,

-QS

BTW, here's one more day's worth of turning..it's on a roll now. :D

S6301711.jpg

You asked....;)

A (very) short Vid of my jalapeno ripening.
Do watch it in high-quality...I've been mucking about with getting vids just right for YT.
You'll like the music though... ;)

cheers,

-QS

Of course, gotta have this.

The inside view, they have reddish-pink insides which kinda surprised me as I'm used to white membranes/placentas. Also quite thick-walled and fleshy for Jalapenos.

S6301771.JPG

Medium heat, but a longer lasting burn than most of the Jalas I've eaten. Dumb me didn't get all the juice off my hand before wiping my face..that burned for about ten minutes..:lol:

Both peppers are about 2" long..stubby 'lil things, but mighty tasty.

Good stuff. :D

-QS

MM can imagine a tasty Salsa made with those lovely Jalas.They indeed wet the appetite look damn scummy :drooling:

Quad, those jala's look like mighty good eating. My jala's were small and rounder with thinner walls and more seeds. Your variety looks nicer.

Next year I want to find a better variety to grow.

I am gonna go to the grocery store tomorrow....buy some japs..bring em home and make some bacon wrapped, cheese filled, poppers....thanks for the inspiration!:hell::hell::hell:

Josh said:
So...any update on the Nagaz? Any tiny buds yet?

Doesn't seem like it..the ones I thought were ended up being more growth.

The Jalapeno is budding again though. :)
Those Nagas sure take their time...

QuadShotz said:
Doesn't seem like it..the ones I thought were ended up being more growth.

The Jalapeno is budding again though. :)
Those Nagas sure take their time...
Haven't grown them yet but everyone seems to say that. Good news on the Jalapeno though.

Back