• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Quad's FrankenGrow diary

congrats on your jap QS...and I love the video and music...

the nagas will wear you out waiting on them to ripen....

Well, some update here.

Never did get any pods out of the superhots yet. I think it's because I don't have enough light for them, AND it went from 80F to 60F in two days around here for high temps in the beginning of Oct. Really whacked on the plants bigtime. Leaf loss, etc.

Well, now it's late Nov. and they are all still growing, albeit not very happy. The heat is now on in the building so they are better off that way.

I haven't taken pics of them as they are now because it's depressing from what they used to look like...just big tall stalks w/ a nice crown of canopy. :P

However, there's some new babies I started, two Yellow Datils, and a Trinidad Scorpion. :)

S6302016.JPG

I'd had more sprout, but decided to only keep the stronger ones. The Scorp really seems to grow well so far, even in the wierd conditions I've had recently. Thx so much, OzarkRocker, for these!

-QS

Yeah, they probably look small for being planted 10/10, but like the others they suffered leaf loss as well. But, the strong survive, eh?

SInce heat is on adn temps are better, rest of plants are picking up now, bloody jungle I got in here...:D

Good time to start them my friend and they look mighty healthy and bright so think you'll have some good harvests july/august next year or before..most mine are germinating now just putting some more in next week and thats me to the new year ;)

Holy crap quad I dunno how I missed this thread. Just went back and read through it, looking good man. Congrats on your first jalapeno. Looking forward to the nagas.

Can't wait to start my indoor peppers ;)

No worries TX. it's only updated once in awhile, so aint top of list. ;)

Is in my sig tho... ;-)

It's my first year growin 'em, but I'm not new to gardening.

Now if only I had liek an acre.... :>

Yeah, well...nothing exciting here.

Last year's plants are still alive, but I think my floro is going TU. Ack.

That cold snap before the heat came on in the building rly whacked the plants...lost most fo their leaves.

SO, basically, I have big stalks with canopy now. Weird.
I want to cut 'em back, but all the green is up top..so idk.

Simply put, I doubt I'll be growing much longer.
I just don't have the money to make it work indoors. All this and no fruit..so, pfft. It's cheaper to buy 'em.

Yeah, cold is one thing..but going from 75F to freezing in a matter of days in Oct. is another.

Most stuff lived, the Scorp, two O-habs and the Datils didn't as they were babies still and couldn't take it. :(

Heck, I think the Dorset and Fatali actually liked it..very tuff plants.

Rest of 'em..well I doubt anything could kill the year-old plants now, but they wont ever fruit with just the floro either.

So, I'm kinda stuck.

Well, I've revived some of the cut-back plants, and the others are digging the warmer weather.

They are weird because back in Oct. temps went from 80 to like 45F in a couple of days, the heat wasn't on yet...and most all the leaves fell off..leaving the big tall stalks you see. Canopy is growing well though.

Here's the Row of Pain.

Big muthers are the Dorset Naga, Bih and Choc. Hab from last yr.
S6302312.JPG

(bih is in front, then choc hab, then the Dorset..which is huge.)

Fatalis and Jalapeno are coming back too, the side bit is a cutting I'm trying to grow that came off that Fatali.
S6302309.JPG

S6302310.JPG

The other Fatali that wasn't cut back as much:
S6302311.JPG

Yay!

Thx, here's a bettr idea of just how big those canopy's are on last years plants:

S6302319.JPG

Well, thanks to Craigslist, I now have a $h1tload of bulbs for my fixure, and found a source of more fixtures for around $5 ea. So, there's hope.

Just started some seeds soaking in chamomile for this year...7pots, T.Scorps, and a bunch of my evile Burkina Habs.

Dirt is moistened with same Chamomile tea, and is warming up nicely up on the lights..right about 85-90F atm.

Already made out the tags too. Thx SO much to Cappy & OzarkRocker for the 7pot and T.S. seeds!!

Pix:
S6302316.JPG

I'm gonna soak over night, then lettum rip...let teh gamez begin!

-QS

ExtremeBurn said:
I bought some super hot seeds from hippy. Just waiting for them to come in and get them in the dirt! NAGA!

Schweet!

I got all of my mine from him, and as you can see, they are tuff stock indeed. :)

Back