• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

RedEyes grow log!!!!! NEW

Hotpeppa said:
Wicked set up man !.... what kind of medium are you using ?

thanks man, i am using coco and a soilless mix i got from my hydro shop... so far i do like the medium... i took out my drip lines and now i water by hand i mix my nutes up in a 10gollon rubbermade and i had a small pump and a hose works much better for what i got going on in there:lol:

redeyes said:
thanks man, i am using coco and a soilless mix i got from my hydro shop... so far i do like the medium... i took out my drip lines and now i water by hand i mix my nutes up in a 10gollon rubbermade and i had a small pump and a hose works much better for what i got going on in there:lol:

Nice dude. That is exactly what i was talking about doing this spring on the balcony. No more of that "mix 2 gallon in a water can 3 times a day" BS

Do you have a valve on the hose or like a watering wand or does it just pump water continuously? That is the part i havent' figured out, i dunno if having a water wand that you can turn off would cause the pump to burn up or if water pumps can handle that.

Txclosetgrower said:
Nice dude. That is exactly what i was talking about doing this spring on the balcony. No more of that "mix 2 gallon in a water can 3 times a day" BS

Do you have a valve on the hose or like a watering wand or does it just pump water continuously? That is the part i havent' figured out, i dunno if having a water wand that you can turn off would cause the pump to burn up or if water pumps can handle that.

i do it like a garden hose drop my pump in the rez and i set there and water each one ...i have found doing it like this works good but i have a hard time keeping up with watering... much rather have it on a timer... for now this will work i only water 1 time aweek so far and i use almost 5gallons at one time.. i also use RO water.... nothing but the best for my peppers !!!! here is a pic man
002-5.jpg

Txclosetgrower said:

i do it like a garden hose... i drop my pump in the rez and i set there and water each one ...i have found doing it like this works good but i have a hard time keeping up with the watering thing... i much rather have it on a timer... for now this will work i only water 1 time aweek so far and i use almost 5gallons at one time.. i also use RO water.... nothing but the best for my peppers !!!! here is a pic man
002-5.jpg

redeyes said:
i do it like a garden hose... i drop my pump in the rez and i set there and water each one ...i have found doing it like this works good but i have a hard time keeping up with the watering thing... i much rather have it on a timer... for now this will work i only water 1 time aweek so far and i use almost 5gallons at one time.. i also use RO water.... nothing but the best for my peppers !!!! here is a pic man

My biggest concern was that the pump would put out too much water and I'd have no means of regulating the flow coming out. Then I'd end up with excess just running off my balcony.

But I just had a genius idea. A T fitting inside the water reservoir with a valve attached. That way I could open the valve on the T and let some of the water flow back into the tank and adjust the flow rate of the hose by how much or how little i open the valve while not loading down the pump at all.

here is a update on the swiss chard and green onion .... the pack of swiss chard says 28 days for baby leaf i think i am around 16 days or so ....
IMG00048-20090108-15471-1.jpg
IMG00050-20090108-15491.jpg
IMG00049-20090108-15481.jpg

I know what you mean with the t-valve, we use exactly the same thing on our hydraulic setups on farm machinery. Works well as the pump has no extra back pressure as overall flow hasnt changed, and if you get a needle valve, like something off of a propane system, its very minutely adjustable. You could of course just make it ebb & flow, with the addition of a simple timer for not very much, or you could put an inline T-valve to your existing set-up, and change the flow to the plants. This would be the trickiest set-up to get right, as too much would waste nutes and flush the pots, too little would kill them, and this amount would change over time as the plants grow, plus would be different plant to plant. Dont to that one.
The timer would work pretty well, me-thinks, just set it to run for long wnough to fill the pots up as needed, and leave it alone. I think it assumes that you have return lines to your nute tank though, I wouldnt imagine that they are essential, as not reusing water would mean that as long as evaporation was minimal, the EC or Ph in your tank wouldnt change drastically.
The bypass t-valve would be pretty easy, fairly fool proof, and you know if its not working. Would be a very simple system to do, but still relies on your input every time they need water. Unless of course you do a bypass valve, with a timer....

I dont grow anything in hydro, but can you tell I want to?

here is a pod update... the jal is getting bigger all the time... its looking real nice i will keep it updated as much as i can enjoy
IMG00089-20090111-16171.jpg
IMG00090-20090111-16181.jpg
2FDevice20Memory2Fhome2Fuser2Fpi-4.jpg

here is a pic of my last harvest from my outdoor JAL plants ....there was some very small stuff left on there but we will see... its not much but it is fresh
IMG00092-20090112-16461.jpg

I am very impressed at how quickly you grew your plants and setting fruit. Amazing you tricked this plant so easily. Are you feeding your GH ferts everytime you water and what strength? What your doing is working very nicely.

:lol:yeah man i have done lettuce dwc a few times and it was ok but i like flood drain system i have been doing hydro for like 5+ years and i have tried a few differnt ways and i have found i like doing flood and drain... :lol:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I am very impressed at how quickly you grew your plants and setting fruit. Amazing you tricked this plant so easily. Are you feeding your GH ferts everytime you water and what strength? What your doing is working very nicely.

yeah man i feed them everytime i water with GH nutes 10+ weeks then after that i give them some stuff that is called flora clean and i flush them out for a few weeks.. then i will see which ones i will keep ...i might not be keeping any of them... i hope to be movin real soon i might just kill them all!!!:hell:

Back