• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Pics are on the way. My face is tingling and the whole house is on fire. The wife is not happy . And all i did was cut the peppers up in the house. Gonna be some hot powder! Been smoking 2 hours at 175. Gonna go another hour then I will put them in the dehydrator for a day. Mesquite wood. :onfire:

Pics are on the way. My face is tingling and the whole house is on fire. The wife is not happy . And all i did was cut the peppers up in the house. Gonna be some hot powder! Been smoking 2 hours at 175. Gonna go another hour then I will put them in the dehydrator for a day. Mesquite wood. :onfire:

Nice!

Awesome looks great! Thanks for posting this, I have questions. I've done dried pepper flakes before, but not powders. If that is what you are doing, do you remove the seeds? Then I've read that other people use a coffee grinder (different than their main one), is that what you do? I just got my dehydrator this past year, and am excited to use it, just trying to figure out the best way to do so.

Oh, also, do you find that dehydrating the peppers makes it so you can't dehydrate anything else on those racks?

Ok, thanks Jamie, again, looking awesome!

Mmmmm....they look like skittles from hell! I'll be coughing and wheezing through some grinding on this end of the interweb today too! Good luck to you sir, its gonna SUCK!!!

Stefan, had to google jupiler. Looks like a tasty beer :dance:

Thanks Shane. How was the football event. And what position does your son play?

The stefan_w. My house smells sooooo good right now. Should have some nice powder tomorrrow :onfire:

Jamison those are mostly pods that I froze from the last few weeks. I have plenty more where that came from :party:

Brother Andy. I am making powder. Here is what i use to grind them. I do not remove the seeds. They grind up very fine.

photo-179.jpg

It makes a very fine powder. I got it for twenty bucks on amazon. Here is some powder I made recently with it

photo-182.jpg

And you can put the trays in the dishwasher and sanitize really well but it seems to still keep a little heat . I would buy some extra trays and use them for stuff your wife and kids are gona eat.

Yeah Shane not looking forward to eat . Still don't have a respirator :mope:

I'm moving toward dedicated everything for stuff used with the hotter peppers, and I definitely agree that it is a wise move to have extra trays and things for stuff the rest of your family is going to eat.

Very nice looking powder!

Sorry, didn't answer your question earlier. He plays O and D line...he's a big boy for his age. 5'5" 115lbs at 11 years old. Yesterday was just equipment issue. This week he has football camp so he'll be a hurtin unit tomorrow evening.

Can't wait to see the finished product on your end!

Always looks good your house, Jamie! I'm thinking that since
I have two left hands for cooking, that powders and flakes are
going to be my mainstay, except for eating fresh. I will pickle
a few as well - probably mexicans.

Thanks for picturing your process. Guess I need a smoker. I
wonder if I could do it in a weber kettle? Put coals and chips on
one side of the bbq, the peppers on the other side of the grill
away from the heat. Not room for a lot, but I may not have a lot,
either!

Good growin' out your way, Jamie!

I've seen 55 gal drums vertical fitted with racks and a wood pan on the bottom.The lid of a weber kettle will fit perfectly on top of the drum with very little modifications.

I have two brinkman uprights which work fine............theres just not alot of extra space.

Greg

Back