• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Jamie,

I've been a few times albeit a few decades ago... I was too young for my parents to take sight-seeing requests. The only place I saw was the factory outlet stores in St. Augustine.

Hey, Jamie,glad you had a nice vacation.
The kids look like they are having fun in the sun!
And you look like you got a bit o' sun yourself!

It's 103F :eek: in my pepper patch today; take that, FloBoy :D

Now that you have the mites whipped, we'll be
looking forward to some more outrageous pod pics
from your part of the world!

BTW your glog is assuming monumental proportions!

. Back home and tending to my mite infested garden :mope:

seems to be a common theme here.. i had to pull my 5 ft eggplant due to spidermite infestation and my maters i have along a wall also is infested.. . and yet another section where my lemon tomato and corn is also has them....2 years ago this is what defeated me... i hope i can contain them and you can as well... KILL KILL KILL .. use them cannons from your vacay!!

This week I ended up having to pull 2/3 of my cucumbers due to the after effects of a beetle infestation in the spring, where a fungus from the beetle stops the plant from sending nutrients up the stem. I definitely feel your pain.

This week I ended up having to pull 2/3 of my cucumbers due to the after effects of a beetle infestation in the spring, where a fungus from the beetle stops the plant from sending nutrients up the stem. I definitely feel your pain.

Same here my cucumbers had a bad case BLS. I will be digging them out today and starting some early harvest varieties.

I used the Aji Limons in dinner tonight and they were the perfect match too. Thanks again for the sampler. Oh, it's posted in the DC.

Bill

Paul. Thanks for checking in. With so many grow logs it is very hard to keep up. We had a blast at the beach .
But the mites are still kicking arse so still a along way to go but I will stay up on it.

Gary those sure do look like some tasty pods. I am glad you are enjoying them. Thanks for sharing the pics.

That sucks about your infestation Denniz. Happens to me every year around this time when the heat and rains come. Mother nature has no mercy :mope: I guess I am paying for the last 12 months of endless harvests ;)

Stefan W. I feel your pain brother. If it ain't one thing it's another. But we love what we do so we keep on doing it :dance:

Greg my man! Really sad to here the nasty critters are getting you too. At least it ain't your peppers :party:

John, sounds like a place you should come and stay a while ;) Datil heavan. Which reminds me my only datil plant died so time to start another :party:

Jeff, I am sad and glad to be home. Nice to be able to get back to gardening but sucks to have to get worked :rofl:

Bill my fellow Flo Boy. The aji lemons are one tasty pepper. Let me know if you need more seeds. I have plenty. Will check out your post in the DC ASAP :fireball:

Cool old fort Jamie...I love exploring those things...Sometimes I sail my Hobie Cat out to Ship Island, Mississippi to see that one...I think Katrina might have trashed it, tho...

Dude, what the heck are these chiles? You must have grown them at one time or another, because they came from some seeds you sent me...

They don't seem to have the right shape for Brains, but that's the closest I can guess...They're too short to be Bhuts. Whatever, I love 'em...Thanks man!

Gary

mysteryjamie.jpg

Those look like Naga Morich pods to me. Or at least that's what my Naga Morich plants look like. I grew them from seed supplied by Judy.

Jamie, looks like you had a blast on vacation. Welcome back brother!

Same here my cucumbers had a bad case BLS. I will be digging them out today and starting some early harvest varieties.

I had bad luck with my tomatoes, had too dig up over 40 plants that had BLS... was a sad day for me but too be expected with all the rain we we're having. Didn't want too risk getting my peppers infected so they had too go ;)

The pod does l ook like a Naga Morich indeed, nonetheless still a beautiful pod. The 7 White over here is finally flowering, Jamie :D How is yours doing?

Thanks Brian. I have never grown naga morich's so beats the hell out of me. Glad to be back . Thanks :dance: :dance:

Stefan, nice to hear your white 7 is starting to produce Well the mites and lack of water ( was gone for a week and my buddy missed him some how?) have gotten the best of my lil white 7. He is temporarely on life support in the shade. Not sure he is gonna make it. But thanks for thinking about him. :confused:

But enough about the bad lets talk about the love I just received from my brother Kevin ( Wayright).

IMG_3710.jpg

3 fat douglahs :dance: , 2 ginormous infinity peppers, 2 not black naga's gone yellow :crazy: , several orange thai's, and some of the tastiest powder to grace the planet. :whistle: Biker Billy chipolte, hot sauce( literally powder that tastes like hot sauce it is amazing), smoked douglah( this is the shit ) smoked red 7 ( some of the hottest powder I have ever had) and some regular douglah powder which I have yet to try but I know it will be awesome. Right now I am having a shrimp salad covered in the Biker billy chipolte powder. The smokey jalapeno flavor is like noithing I have ever had. Oh and a fat jar of pickled bikkers. I am creaming in my shorts . Thank you chicken :lol:

IMG_3711.jpg

And JJ was the first to try the infamous yellow naga. My boy is a beast ;)

IMG_3712.jpg

Those things are huge! I was trying to figure out if it was a camera angle at first or something, but wow! That's a lot of heat!

Great pods! I love larger pods, because I get really tired of seeding enough tiny pods to be usable for things. And those powders sound like da bomb!

Dang Jamie hopefully the white 7 makes it, but that table of goodies Kevin sent will help take the pain away. Good luck will the mite issues they will be gone in no time.

Mmmmmm....awesome mail run! Shrimp Salad, shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, boiled shrimp...don't matter when you got some good powder with 'em!

You the man Jamie. Glad your getting some pepper love for that you send out. Hot sauce powder? Some would think that sound redundant. i just think it sounds awesome!

Jamie, looks like you just hit the Wayright Power Ball there. Oh and tell JJ to leave a little for his old man to have a taste.

I've been looking at the Biker Billys for a while now. I may just have to plant some next year.

Back