• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Thats it, TAMPA IT IS! LOL! I can't keep watching you popping peppers out when I am sittin here waiting for warm weather. That is what I call a great Valentines Day!

Geez, romy those pod pics are killin' me; the harvest pic is too awesome :fireball:
and the nursery looks great!

I'll hold those images in my mind as I weed the garden this year!
Thanks for keeping the bar set high :cheers:

Thanks Kevin! Must be the new NPK regiment! :cool:

Brian, you have a nice box of :fireball: on da way .

Mjdiamond. The weather has been the warmest since I can remember. I am scared to see how big these planats will get if I/when put them in the ground :halo:

Matt, you need to move to the east coast, much better surf :drunk:

Paul, thank you again for the props. The way your plants are taking off you should be there soon enough.

Thanks Gary, I am mighty proud of those monster aji's!

I will take you up on the fish pepper Conrad! Thank you :cheers:

Nice Eric. Funny thing is the wife eats those hybrids like I eat habs. Doesn't even phase her. That's why I love her. :cool: :cool: :cool:

So my good buddy sent me some mycorrhizal fungi a while back and I had no clue who had sent it or what it was. Well I figured it was so I finally got him to fess up and clue me in about it. I am so lucky he did. I tested it on some maters,broccoli,cukes,and carrots my kids were growing. Well today we put them babies in the ground and I was amazed out how well it works. Here is a shot of the roots from a mater. If you look close you can see the white furry fungi attacking the roots in a good way.

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

And here are the non peppers( sorry if this is out on context) in there new home. Peppers will follow in a few weeks.

IMG_3080.jpg

And a quick shot of some of my babies. Bordering on 90 percent germination.

IMG_3081.jpg

Awesome germination on those peppers Jamie!!

You are gonna have every square inch of your yard covered in peppers at this rate man! :dance:

Kevin

Cool pix of the rootball with the mycorrhizal fungi - did you mix it with
the potting soil, or what? I've never used it, but I see it all over my yard
whenever I dig something up. I'm going to your link now - thanks.
The seedlings really popped for you! Good work...

Conrad, I had a busy weekend with the races and birthdays. Next weekend will be even crazier. Hopefully we can hook up in two weeks and wet a line.

I did manage to make some yummy aji lemon hot sauce today.
1 plum
2 table spoons of vinegar
6 aji lemons(extra fat)
1 yellow cadri scorp for added heat
2 table spoons of sugar
1/2 cup of water
splash of lime juice
blend and cook for 30 minutes
STA_3125.jpg

Back