• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Thanks Shane. Neither have I. Gonna let it fester a few weeks before I give it a go!
Keep us posted! The main reason I grow is for the sauces and cooking...love mango and pineapple with the yellows. Didn't you make a blueberry sauce a few pages ago? I like your style.

I actually have some plums right now...hmmmmm.

Shane

Man Shane you are making me blush. Thanks for making my day.

Now I will tell you one of the many benefits of being married to a beautiful Latino women and having her mother live a few houses down. Fresh Tamale's like nothing most gringo's have ever had.

photo-172.jpg

Dayuuummm!!! Breaking out the Tamales huh! We grew up on the border, and my dad would guide hunters every deer season. A bunch of the hunters would fill both their buck and doe tags then just leave the meat hanging in the ranches' walk in freezer. Every year we would load up 3 or 4 trucks full of deer and distribute them in the Barrio around Christmas. It was a great feeling, but even better was when the tamales would start showing up as thank you gifts from the recipients. I sure miss South Texas.

Great...now I'm hungry.
THANKS!
Shane

Yes sir. Got myself a latino girl and I love her mommas cookin' too. I keep hinting that she needs to get in the kitchen and learn and then I get the back hand and remember my Gringo role. lol

Matt I knew I could persuade you to the dark side with some home made tamale's.

Man Shane that sounds like some good times. Love me some venison.

Thanks amaturegreenthumb. Gotta love mother in laws that know how to cook!

Stephen my man! Glad you are back into the THP again. We have missed you! Thanks for the props.

Romy thank you for the peppers. Fresh bhuts and others at this time of year is great. Going over to Sethsquatch's tomorrow and taking 5 of the red bhuts with me. We will burn thanks to you. :clap:

UUummmmm Tamales, wife's as cracker as can be, but makes a great tamale... Might be out your way next weekend, maybe we will both have time, I forgot that Fish Pepper any way last time.

Brian, Glad you enjoyed some fresh peppers. Just returning the love.

Conrad my friend. Hope to see you this weekend.

Now time for a update. My plants are really growing like gang busters. I have started using myco blast and it seems to have really kick started my plants. Lots of upward growth and pods are forming rather than flowers dropping. I have also been using my regular fish and some foliar cal mag applications. Now for some pics.

Some of my babies.

This is a couple of Justaguys red fatali's red savina cross. Kind of cool how the one guy had it's cotyledons grow together as one

IMG_3132.jpg

Whole shot of the lil guys

STA_3136.jpg

Some of the older guys.

IMG_3141.jpg

A 7 pod white. Took about 40days to sprout. Patience is a good thing. I was just telling my buddy Eric how I could not get any to sprout.

IMG_3134.jpg

I got 100% on those Fatalii X Savinas. They are growing pretty quick since they broke surface (about a week and a half ago). I originally didn't plant any, and only after I decided to re-plant because everything died I decided to give em a shot.

Have you tried them?

Man that is a shatty pic of the 7 pod white. Hope he grows huge.

Few more pics .

My Brain plants are starting there second round of pods

IMG_3151.jpg

7 pod red and 7 pod yellow

IMG_3140.jpg

Non peppers are growing super fast. Cukes,maters, broccoli , carrots and strawberries

IMG_3157.jpg

Donne Sali that is about 8 months old. I thought it was dead like 3 times but the air-pot and less love has revived it.

IMG_3142.jpg

Small harvest of dorsett naga's. bhut hybrids, chocolate habs,choco bhut, yellow cardi and some 7 pod barrackpore

IMG_3128.jpg

And a parting shot of Juan Pablo's car on fire while we were at the daytona 500. Dumb ass ran into the jet dryer for all you non nascar fans.
IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

Matt my man. Brian sent me a whole bunch of them last summer. They are super hot and extra tasty. I can only hope they pods are half the size of the ones he sent me.

Yeah being an f2, the Fatalii/red savina are growing fast.

I have a hopeful f1 of another cross going this year. May have to send you some to try if they work out.

Thanks SC . I have to get my peppers on before the nasty heat sets in. It was 86 degrees today .

I can't wait to see what the pods look like Brian. You know I will gladly accept any of your monster peppers:)

Thank you

Those of you that can grow year round piss me off. I will not say that your plants are looking great romy. I will NOT!

Back