• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Royal Wedding

This wedding is on every channel, and the wife has been engrossed all day !!!
I have been banished to the greenhouse , where i have been since early this morning potting my chillies. Thirteen hours later and it's now time for a beer!!!!

I said to the wife...."so I don't suppose you would let me change the channel would ya"?....she said...there's another TV in the bedroom...'nuff said...

Royal wedding pffffft what a complete waste of time and money, and to think there are numbnuts on the planet that camped out in london since monday to get a good spot, and these folks are being allowed to contribute to the human gene pool!!!

This wedding is on every channel, and the wife has been engrossed all day !!!
I have been banished to the greenhouse , where i have been since early this morning potting my chillies. Thirteen hours later and it's now time for a beer!!!!
I'd rather have the beer and the chilis. I don't know these people, why would I want to watch?

Is this the wedding you are talking about?
royal_wedding.jpg

Bastige! Now i want bourbon and its only 7:37 am! Hmmm liqour store opens at nine...

Edit: Bourbob is not a word.

ha ha ha well I think they make a lovely couple, I saw the ring exchange and went to bed, problem solved lol

Who brought this crap to the forum?!

so, as everyday, i get up at 3:00am to patrol the house, check my girls, powder my nose, refill my water glass, then listen to coast to coast for the latest spooky, ghostly, alien, conspiracy theory. to my surprise the royal wedding overrode c2c and was just getting started, so i listen quietly in the background as i check my favourite nudie site....i mean favourite hot pepper forum.

as time rolls on, i hear the wife getting out of bed, around 4:00am. that's strange, what's up with that. so, i shut the hooter channel down.....i mean, i closed off the hot pepper forum and go upstairs to see what's up. as if i didn't know, she had this "watch the wedding thing" all planned out. she couldn't sleep, so i thought i would spend a few minutes watching the event with her, discussing as best as i could about wedding dresses.... the conversation fell short quite rapidly.

soon, my usual husbandry nature kicked in, and in good form, i alerted her to all the specialities, like: "look, billy's looking at her perkies", "look, a new sword just popped up in his trousers", or "where's the monty python voiced archbishop that married chuck & di?". it was apparent, i wasn't wanted at this party. i guess my knowledge of royal tiaras was lacking. so, i decided it best that i head back to bed to catch up on some sleep before my girls awake for school.

at 7:00am, i watched the whole event again but this time without the embellishments, for the kids sake. but then both kids chanted, they wanted to see them kiss...which was okay, as that is the hilight of any wedding. then my 11 year old starting talking about her prince and wedding and shivers went down my spine. i helped her with her hair for the day and gave her a fake diamond hair band so she could show off her "royal wedding" image.

for the record, they make a wonderful couple and i thought the whole event was great, i loved kate's brother's speech and though my spiritual side needs work, i thought the archbishop's speech on marriage, loyalty and spiritualism was very inspirational...until he kept going on and on and on. i loved her dress, i am not a dress kind of guy but on that pretty young lady, i thought it was, well modern....at first the wife didn't like it but when i pointed out, this isn't princess di, we have come a long way since 1981, she agreed, then yak on and on about the dress.... i still don't know what a tiaras is, and i am not going to google it, to find out!

........now, i can just image how many women in the world, grabbed their poor sucker husbands and made them relive their wedding night!( i dodged that bullet as the wife had to head off to work). i was tasked with feeding the girls breakfast, getting their lunches ready and getting them ready for school.....phew!

Meh, I don't understand the fascination with celebrities. People must leave boring lives to care about what celebrities do. The REAL heroes out there don't get the attention they deserve, nor the pay they should. I'm talking about teachers, firefighters, police officers, nurses, nursing assistants, paramedics, EMTs, National Guard, military, farmers, and all the people out there that make civilized life possible from the guys running the water treatment plants to the crews restoring power after a storm. All those emergency personnel out there saving lives after the tornadoes in the South, those are the REAL heroes. That's who we need to hear about. Not some escapees from a children's book of fairy tales. As far as I'm concerned, the only time I care about "royalty" is when I need just one more king to fill a four-of-a-kind and there's a huge pot to win.

I'm really turned off by this whole 3-ring circus of a wedding. It boggles my mind that such a thing as kings and queens can still exist in 2011 in a western society. I know they have very little political power nowadays, but it is none the less absurd.

These people get to live lavish lifestyles that the common people pay for because their ancestors said they were ordained and chosen by God to be above everyone else. They live in mansions and people bow to them and walk on egg shells around them simply because of who they're descended from. 34 million dollars spent on this wedding, money that could have been used for things that would actually benefit society, like feeding poor children, building schools, research, etc. The only redeeming thing about that ridiculous sum is that most of it went to pay for security and went to normal people. The continued existence of this monarchy and this freak show wedding are disgusting to me and are an embarrassment to humanity. These people are no more deserving of respect than anyone else. Apparently the majority of the British people are ok with it, so whatever floats their boat, but thank God that the US does not have a monarchy, constitutional or otherwise.

I'll be glad when this thing is over so that I can actually watch the news again.

Royal wedding pffffft what a complete waste of time and money, and to think there are numbnuts on the planet that camped out in london since monday to get a good spot, and these folks are being allowed to contribute to the human gene pool!!!

Who brought this crap to the forum?!

I say we ban anyone speaking of such things ever again.

Meh, I don't understand the fascination with celebrities. People must leave boring lives to care about what celebrities do. As far as I'm concerned, the only time I care about "royalty" is when I need just one more king to fill a four-of-a-kind and there's a huge pot to win.

EXACTLY! Didn't watch a single minute of it and never will...

I'm really turned off by this whole 3-ring circus of a wedding. It boggles my mind that such a thing as kings and queens can still exist in 2011 in a western society. I know they have very little political power nowadays, but it is none the less absurd.

These people get to live lavish lifestyles that the common people pay for because their ancestors said they were ordained and chosen by God to be above everyone else. They live in mansions and people bow to them and walk on egg shells around them simply because of who they're descended from.

There's nothing quite as pointless or sad as an American that's fascinated with a British royal wedding.

Back