• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GROW LOG. LAST HARVEST MAYBE. AND STEELERNATION!!

I received a nice packet of goodies today from USMC. Thanks soooooo much. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

ACF9E506.jpg

75B5F29A.jpg

27B5D634.jpg

ADB1CF7F.jpg

747B9882.jpg

Nice Score Sanarda!

I don't usually post on to many threads, not that I don't want to but time is and issue for me; but had to check out the Glog of the lady who gave me 14 likes. lol

Anywho, I read it from the beginning and have to say that you are one determined girl. Things don't look all that bad for the rocky start you've had and looks like you may get a few pods for your efforts. WooHoo!

I'm no expert but do grow one or two every year, and from the looks of the seed packets you have you are going to try again, good for you, but starting plants from seeds have there own lessons to teach. I hope you don't mind but here is a list of some pointers for seed sowing and growing, some have been covered so will just reiterate on them.

First off the woody stem is from a fungus that grows at the soil line and normally will kill your plants. to avoid this you must keep the moisture away from the stem at all cost. when watering, water on the out side of the pot and if any wicks close to the stem get a fan on them to dry that soil out asap. when watering in the garden always water away from the stem 4 plus inches. That does 2 things keeps the fungus down and promotes root growth, ( them having to reach for the water. Keep all mulch and debris away the stem as well.

Sarting seeds and this will very with your method but nothing fancy has to happen here to get results, many over do it. just normal potting soil will work, nothing to fine or the soil will cake on the top making it difficult for the seedling to poke through 1/8 inch deep and don't over pack the soil. wet it down good to start and then keep a spray bottle around to keep them moist not soak and wet. try to keep them between 78 and 85 degrees but don't cook em. lol You should see hooks within a week. There is a wealth of info on here but the roll of thumb for me is KISS. ;O)

Many here will be keeping an eye on your thread along with me and will help you out if necessary.

I have a few more does and don't I could share but maybe will wait till the time is right, this is if I don't get booed for writing this.

I wish you the best of luck and keep up the great work! - Jeff

Thanks so much for posting and you will never get a boo. Your thread and grow are so awesome I almost want to go on a road trip to see it in person!!! I will keep in mind to not wet the soil at the stem. I did it today but it was sooo hot, it dried really quickly. I actually cannot wait to start the seeds. I had the biggest cheese on my face. The people here are awesome and share so much its hard to believe. I would like for the end of my season to be a reciprocation on the kindness. I am going to try to hold off till next season before I try the seeds. I would have to over winter and I already have 16 out of my original 22 to overwinter with minimal space. I will video every step in my seed sowing process so that is something I look forward to. I almost spit out my beer at your "no expert" "one or two a year" comment..... ahahaaaaa. You are an expert. As expert as I have ever seen and I truly do appreciate your feedback..

Pia

Ok pinoy. I'm going to start sowing. I'm so anxious I can't wait till February anyways. We will have a long season and I am feeling lucky

Wow i havent stopped in in a while and your plants are looking great!! Even in that heat! thats impressive. Only suggestion i would make it to maybe stake your plants with some bamboo or something so they will grow straight up and the wind wont effect them so much. but thats just a suggestion not sure how much wind you get back there. Awesome job. keep the updates coming!

Thanks Bee!! I will get the steaks on payday which happens tone tommorow. Good to hear from you and thanks for the feedback.

A super sprouter heat mat and thermostat helps germination... But the plants look like they are doing well....

Grass is....leave all the woody stemmed stuff out- unless you want to "shred" it-too much work to turn otherwise. The issue that crops up with lawn stuff is weed seeds and disease....Not really an issue if done correctly as the heat will kill the seeds and evil doers.

Grass is....leave all the woody stemmed stuff out- unless you want to "shred" it-too much work to turn otherwise. The issue that crops up with lawn stuff is weed seeds and disease....Not really an issue if done correctly as the heat will kill the seeds and evil doers.

+1, you'll never now what "these" stuff has gotten into, my advice, make yourself a DIY worm bin, why? well for start it's a super saver for ahead to come, you can reuse those food scrape laying around the house, also you can make worm tea, oh and also its composting but vermi way.

You can start here, it's an enlightenment for vermicomposter, also you can use the great amazing uncle google to search info about it. Also i'm no expert, i just started this season, mistake and careless do happen, but i kept going, because i love the heat.

NP: sorry for the "also", i'm speed typing

glad to see USMC still paying it fwd.. i noticed his acct got banned but im sure he'll be back...

Is this good composting material?

DDB03164.jpg

ED0350D0.jpg

8A40EAE4.jpg
i have a nice compost bin and if you youtube theres ways of doing it right...like 75%green 25% brown (dead) and other stuff to throw in.. what i do is everything i want to compost i make into a pile.. and i get the lawnmower and shred them all(mulch) makes the decomposing process easy.. then toss them in together.. dont forget to pass by starbucks and pick upo some coffee grounds... and after youre done... nice amt of your own pee lol.. N is one of the catalylst.... =D

yep grow them babies inside so u get head start next year :dance:

really.. her too ... sheesh she doesnt have an aerogardenn.. although you should... hahahah

If I had an aero garden, I would lose my job. All I would want to do is germ seeds and watch plants grow. You know how kids are with shiny new toys. Yup. That would be me. An intervention would be called by the family in short order.

Thanks gnslr. I think I am gonna try to mulch the twigs with my mower. They really aren't that big. Denniz I get coffee grinds from my mother. Trust me, she has plenty. I don't wanna pee in the dirty pile. Well I guess after a few Bud Select tall cans, I really don't care where I pee. Now off to google I go to build me a composter and to find some worms in nj I can buy.

Are worms absolutely necessary??

Indo, no worries on the typos. I have gone back to read some of my older posts and have figured out most people here evidently can read alien. I have autocorrect on my phone. It sucks but it comes in handy so I don't want to turn it off.

Small picture update from over obsessed me :confused: :confused: :confused: :Psomething eating my leaves leaving black stuff behind
AC3D8872.jpg
3257685B.jpg
Sorry blurry
2408D462.jpg
This is the one with the funny shaped stem starting to straighten itself. I know I said I was going to get stakes.. I am don't fuss at me
E56D51B9.jpg
1811AB2A.jpg
4F655600.jpg
2B7A08D4.jpg
9CD9ADB3.jpg
TREE ISSUE!!!!

Looking good Sanarda, you are well on your way to having lots of peppers! Everything is looking healthy. Not sure if your Morouga is still around, if it is I hope it pulls through for you! That's a lot to pay for a plant girl! :P If you want some more seeds to play with, I would be glad to set you up with some. PM me for my address if you want to send a SASBE. Keep up the good work, happy growing! :)

Thanks so much Melissa. I lost the Morouga :( . and both my Naga's. You live and You learn. I should have sent the plant back when I got it in such poor condition, but I thought I could bring it back. I ordered it from burnmegood.com. It took them like a month to send it and when I got it and opened the "completely covering the plant" plastic. All the leaves just fell off...I will bounce back and thanks sooo much for the offer. I will take you up on it next pay day :dance: :onfire: :party:

oh self addressed envelope I thought sasbe was something else.. ok im crazy !!! Ill hit u up in a message

SASBE is a self addressed stamped bubble envelope. You live pretty far from Cali so I would suggest using a bubble. Let me know what you are looking for, if I have it I will include them. :)

OHHHHHHHHHH!!! I almost forgot a small update....I purchased some things at shitty Home Depot... (No Choice as it was 9:30 pm) I cant wait to get my seeds started. SHHHHHHHHH!!!! I would like to get back up to the 22 plants I had originally. (dont tell hubby) So I am going to start some and overwinter. Not many cuz odds are im going to mess it up, but here are the pics. Tell me what you think of this stuff pleaseee

B3C10D0F.jpg

956467AC.jpg

LSAT Books under the Seed starter... I am not a hoarder FYI

Back