food Sandwich of the Month

Oh scheeze louise Phil!!!

'Dat 'thang is as melty schmelty as it gets compadre.

Although this SOTM is a salad sammich that one qualifies as a meat n' scheeze salad sammich.

AWESOME!

But being how its all oozy goozy n' all, how did you eat it?

a) Caveman style ~ by picking it up and shoving it in your piehole with all the schmeckis running down your chin and arms?

b) Liberace Foo Foo style ~ knife and forked to make certain you get every crumb and puddle of sploogey goodness?

c) Dump Truck style ~ where you put your lips to the edge of the plate and tip it up so the sammich slides down right into your manhole?

Inquiring minds want to know!

There's only one way to eat a sammich like that.... A

Pick it up and shove it down the gullet.

Skettis sauce running down the back of the hands and arms.....

Worry about the mess after the dust settles. Messy as hell and falling apart in your hands.

Hey y'all.

Got me some onchorhynchus mykiss aka steelhead trout for a little steely salad SOTM.

Taxonomic nomenclature ~ no charge.

Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Just the way Geeme likes it!

Black Bettyfied in the oven @350 for 3 beers and 2 shots.

See the line of white smack oozing out of the flesh? That means I over cooked it.

Just a little bit.

Still pretty dang moist. Look at it.

LOOK AT IT!!!!

You like your salad tossed or thrown?

I throwed in some minced garlic, minced onion, about 40 or so pickled chiltepin's, minced dill pickle, olive oil mayo, kosher salt and more fresh ground black pepper.

I poked my 'fanger in there to taste it but somehow missed my mouth and gave myself a Dirty Sanchez. Sheeit smells good!

Toasted some whole wheat naan flat bread with some sharp Tillamook cheddar. The grape toms were perfect. So fresh they snap when you bite into them.

Melty schmelty sloppy goodnessessess.

I had sheeit flyin' everwhar' so finally had to knife and fork it.

High in omega-3 and low in omega-6. 

Don't let them cute little pickled chiltepin's fool y'all.

They's all doin' a tap dance like Gene Kelly in my colon this mornin'.

Much obliged y'all.

First off, missylou would eat that wwwwhole wwwwwheat naan but only if it has ranch on it.

Secondly, that's not salmon.

That's a big fat rainbow trout!

I mau mau'd the hail out of it.

Gotz leftoverture's for taco time later.

texas blues said:
Much obliged y'all.

First off, missylou would eat that wwwwhole wwwwwheat naan but only if it has ranch on it.

Secondly, that's not salmon.

That's a big fat rainbow trout!

I mau mau'd the hail out of it.

Gotz leftoverture's for wrap time later.
Can't wait to see it!

TB's the only participant in his topic. You can't win 'em all TB. DC and some of the others, pure gold. SOTM... "et tu Brute?"

"As he was valiant, I honor him. But as he was ambitious, I slew him." -Brutus

The Hot Pepper said:
TB's the only participant in his topic. You can't win 'em all TB. DC and some of the others, pure gold. SOTM... "et tu Brute?"

"As he was valiant, I honor him. But as he was ambitious, I slew him." -Brutus

Some SOTM months just stumble along.

It doesn't always have be a real steamroller.

Might get some play here from "researcher's" and throwdown practice runs.

I woulda thought for sure you would have got Grant in on a "salad" SOTM... :lol:  Maybe he is cleaning his sous vide.

scratchzilla said:
I don't know TB, the cheese in that Sammie looks a little too yellow to be cheese.

Hear me now, believe me later, Tillamook cheddar is the mother of all cheese bomb goodness.

That is, unless I could afford to consume vast quantities of Cotswold.

Funny 'thang too is you wouldn't think that cheese of any sort would go with seafood.

One of the best sammich's I ever ate was a beer battered deep fried halibut sammich with bacon and you guessed it...

Tillamook cheddar.

So dang guud you will take your pants off over your head.

Back