food Sandwich of the Month

How do you slice the ribeye? I imagined you put it in the freezer to firm it up but not freeze it, then put it on the slicer? Lemme know Jay.

How do you slice the ribeye? I imagined you put it in the freezer to firm it up but not freeze it, then put it on the slicer? Lemme know Jay.

Screw that.

I'm going to pick out a ribeye steak or a small rib roast non- bone in, and have the schmucks behind the counter thin slice it.

If they want my money, let them work for it.

Ah Sheesh FD! I step away for one little Olympic Soccer action... and ya get all twisted on me!!!! :rofl:

That's how I'm doing it Boss....partially freeze til firm (shut up FD!), the slice it on my Slice-O-Matic. Unless JT's got a better SuperTrick up his sleeve! :D

Ah Sheesh FD! I step away for one little Olympic Soccer action... and ya get all twisted on me!!!! :rofl:

That's how I'm doing it Boss....partially freeze til firm (shut up FD!), the slice it on my Slice-O-Matic. Unless JT's got a better SuperTrick up his sleeve! :D

I have first hand experience with the man known as JayT.

Lemme' 'splain y'all.

Ever 'thang you thought you knew about cooking and hot stuff, just throw that out the window.

I am not even in the same league.

There is one man that is.

His name is Alabama Jack.

True story.

I have first hand experience with the man known as JayT.

Lemme' 'splain y'all.

Ever 'thang you thought you knew about cooking and hot stuff, just throw that out the window.

I am not even in the same league.

There is one man that is.

His name is Alabama Jack.

True story.

AJ makes a mean baked ziti.

Ok so this is a bit of a Sandwich of the Month/CBB (Cant be bothered) post. Since it is cheesesteaks, i thought id have a crack.

Now...... this really doesnt look right. I had peppers, onion.

Steak, no Ribeye, only got Scotch Fillet. Cheese, no whiz, mixture of cheddar and mozzarella.

Buns/Rolls, nope, burger buns only.

So anyway thought id throw it together anyway, all fried up in the pan, cheese added to it all. Doesnt really look right but sure tasted good

SDC11277.jpg

SDC11278.jpg

SDC11283.jpg

SDC11285.jpg

SDC11288.jpg

Booma yummo!!!. Not really a Philly in the true sense but all the right stuff is in there :D.
It's easy to make though. When you go shopping buy some Kraft Easy Cheese. It's yellow cheese splooge in a jar. It's with the Vegemite and sheeit.
Thin slice that beef. Against the grain. Set aside.
Sweat those onions, capsicums and mushies in butter until done. set aside.
Git ur pan smokin' hot. Add the beef and cook, not playing with it too much, just to turn it until you think it needs one more minute and then take off the heat and mix in the other stuff.
Put the beef n veggie mix into a small or large baguette. Smother that bad boy in Easy Cheese and hot chillies. It's guuuud. But be warned with the Easy Cheese and grilled beef...it's like crack cocaine. You think you won't get addicted...

Ok to answer your questions, the steak is one of those brontosaurus cut ribeyes that it almost pains me to slice up and not just slap on the grill. I do freeze it for about 45 minutes to make it easy to slice. The splooge does not contain bacon (which would be totally awesome, but rather some bits of peppers and a tiny bit of browned cheese that accumulated on the bottom of the pan as I didn't stir quick enough. As for my throwdown entry, I didn't add this amount of whiz on it because I wanted you to be able to see the meat. Oh well, figures.

Geez Louise Booma.

Did God give your DNA an extra 3 chromasomes just for kicking ass?

Your cheese steak is pretty dadgum right on!

There is not a single person here on THP that wouldn't shove that 'thang in their pie hole!

I would too.

But first I'd throw it on the ground and roll in it like a dog.

I'd want that cheese steak smell all over me.

Excellent Booma! I want to make one this week - then noticed an entire bag of hamburger buns on the shelf.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to use them for a Cheesesteak - or freeze 'em and get a bag of hoagie rolls (or baguettes).

Why, I think you may have answered my question right there! :D

If that's what you do when you CBB - don't ever bother getting bothered!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

"I'm gonna eat healthy all week" Is what I say to myself on Monday morning. Then I visit this thread. Out the window that thought goes!

Gimme dat fatty fat, cheezy wheezy, meaty slop, goodness!

Back