food Sandwich of the Month

Frydads Colby Jack Wit', add Mushroom

So, I own a cheap ass griddle. And I love it.
For some reason, I get the best "meat sear" on it.
I don't break it out nearly enough. Thanks to this friendly, I get to play with it.

So for my philly cheese, I used Chuck Eye.
It's my 2nd favorite secret from the butcher. It's a great cut of meat, and it's quite cheap.
Mine was $5.99 a pound, and it was BEAUTIFUL!!

Had the MRS shave it into fine slices, threw it on the griddle with onions and mushrooms.
Covered in shredded colby jack. Topped with a sauce made from louisiana sauce and pickled Jalapenoes.
Served on hard rolls, lightly grilled on the griddle.
So damn fine and tasty!!

Enjoy.
IMGP2693.jpg

IMGP2694.jpg

IMGP2695.jpg

IMGP2696.jpg

Covered and steamed.
IMGP2697.jpg

IMGP2698.jpg

IMGP2699.jpg

IMGP2700.jpg

Booya!

FD

I am confusimacated. What is with all the hamburger buns for the cheesesteak? I mean, the rest is awesome, but the bun is all wrong.

I am confusimacated. What is with all the hamburger buns for the cheesesteak? I mean, the rest is awesome, but the bun is all wrong.
Yeah that is what I was saying, all about the roll! There is something about that perfect roll that holds everything together without allowing anything to escape.

TB did not call Philly cheese steak, he called cheese steak, open to interpretation and experimentation.

JayT you should talk.. you posted a cheeseless steak in the TD :P

For the record I didn't use hamburger buns.
They are fresh chicago hard rolls, which are basically Italian hoagie rolls, half size.
Other than their short stature, they are not at all similar to burger buns.
These rolls are very chewy and crispy.
Wouldn't have used them otherwise.

For the record I didn't use hamburger buns.
They are fresh chicago hard rolls, which are basically Italian hoagie rolls, half size.
Other than their short stature, they are not at all similar to burger buns.
These rolls are very chewy and crispy.
Wouldn't have used them otherwise.

That def gets my stamp of approval. Great lookin' meat, shrooms, alkomahol ...

I appreciate the size of the buns being somewhat controlled ...

This thread has caused some weight gain in our household these past few weeks and our future portion sizes will address that reality so as not to require degrading taste/heartiness ...

I like it.

FD, did you lift that griddle from my mom's house??? LOL
That's a tasteeee lookin' sammie there!

DTS - Philly is da way ta go - yum!

J - :ignore:
:rofl:

TB did not call Philly cheese steak, he called cheese steak, open to interpretation and experimentation.

JayT you should talk.. you posted a cheeseless steak in the TD :P

Ok first of all, there was plenty of cheese on my cheesesteak in the throwdown, and second of all, AT LEAST I POSTED AN ENTRY IN THE THROWDOWN ya bum!

I have to admit, I'm with JayT on this one. A lot of cheesy gooiness is great on a sammie. No doubt about it. But for the TD's, when someone covers up their entry with so much cheese, sauce, or gravy that I can't see what's inside, it's kind of "meh". Now if they do that and also have a cut-open pic that shows what's underneath well, that's ok. Still, most of the time I don't vote for entries that have "too much" goo on them - it kind of comes across like someone's trying to hide something.

THP is correctamundo.

I did that because there are so many regional variations.

Dig this.

http://www.texadelphia.com/food/menu

Some would call that an abomination. They even have a chicken "cheesesteak".

But trip on this.

When California Pizza Kitchen came out with their bbq chicken pizza, there were tons of folks saying No Way Jose and wouldn't even call it pizza.

Now it is accepted as the norm and is categorized as an authentic pizza style.

Further debate on the subject of cheesesteak is warranted and encouraged.

Now talk your smack!

Shoot TB - that's a dangerous link! I'm sooooo hungry now! I didn't look at the entire menu, but I saw enough to get all kindsa crazy ideas! Mind Blown.

FD - that is a beautiful cheesesteak! You guys get the best baked goods!!!!! Jealous! I should think a splash of SoFlo man gravy might be in order!

'course, I rarely eat a sammie without that stuff anymore! You created a monster!!!!! hahaha

Back