food Sandwich of the Month

CJ ~ Scovie no likey the fat pheesh? And why won't he let you have it? He's been snorting dust from the tile saw again hasn't he?

Nope! He no likey! He says that pheesh ain't natural....but he's fussy when it comes to pheesh.

Not me tho! If it's from water, chances are I'm all over it. He'd "let" me have it anytime I want....I just don't want to listen to him snark about it while I'm eating! haha

Get this! One Christmas Eve, I was sauteéing oysters for my family's tradition of oyster stew. He walked in and started making a fuss about the smell, and.....started spraying LYSOL!!!!!! :rofl: Lysol + oysters...eeeewwww!!!!!! hahahaha He felt so bad that I got an extra gift under the tree that year! ;)

So......I try to respect his 'sensitivities'.....and he shucks me fresh oysters whenever I want. Pretty good gig! :D

What?

He didn't like the smell of fresh oysters being saute'd in butter?

The poor man is definitely missing some chromosomes.

Good thing you're not married to Bear. that guy.

He'd spray something alright but it wouldn't be Lysol.

I grew up on Puget Sound.

We had property on Hood Canal.

I worked at Anthony's Home Port in Seattle. (At the Oyster Bar).

I've tried them Fried, Sauteed, Grilled, On the Grill in the Half shell with Butter and Garlic,
Raw, Stewed, Marinated, Canned, Fresh, Frozen, Rockefeller, even Sh**T-housed drunk.
I have won many-a-shucking competitions, and I'm here to tell ya...

I have NEVER got any Oyster past my adams apple. THEY WON'T GO DOWN. PERIOD.

I'll rock the oysters for CJ's Sammy if she wants me to, but I just ain't eaten'em.

Lysol on Christmas. true story.

Anyway, we just scored another kitchen droid, and some other fine stuff for PoBoys...

View attachment 1246

Scovie, very nice going on the new sucking robot!

And CJ now has her kitty pheesh.

Anthony's Home Port.

I 'member that joint. Ate there a few times in what '94 I think?

Deep fried oysters is what I eht there each time. Damn good!

I use to go there and also to Elliot's, 13 Coins and Ray's Boathouse.

For cheapness it was Ivars and Steamers.

Seattle is my favorite oyster town.

Texas/Louisiana gulf oysters are pretty good but they don't have the variety or sweetness the cold water PNW oysters have.

I can tell y'all ain't excited about po' boys at all.

Naw... PoBoys are soooooo unexciting. Especially with Catfish. yawn... :)

LOL, Ray's Boathouse was right next door to Anthony's.
People always said they went there for the drinks and came over to Anthony's for the food.
Ray's burnt down in 87 I think, and I worked at Anthony's from 88-90.

13 Coins, now that's just special.

What is it about Ray's and fires? They had another a few years after I was there and it had been rebuilt.

I think the cooks out back were :high:

Last time I was at the Coins, the one across from SeaTac on 99, it sucked.

They had one in downtown Anchorage. I worked there for all of a month in the early 80's.

That's too bad about 13C. Last time we were there was in the mid 80s.

It's where we took out of town guests. Special occasions.

I tink I heard they are no more. That explains why.

any of you been making sausage at home? ... more specifically, anyone have opinions on the attachments for Kitchenaid's versus something standalone? ...

Shot of Southern Comfort (it's only appropriate)
Cuban bread, cracked conch, lettuce, tomato, pickle, hot remoulade. Louisiana One-Drop (I prefer over Crystals)
Shot of something ELSE!

GROUND!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna do it. When the hell is September gonna be here???????

Cuban bread, cracked conch, lettuce, tomato, pickle, hot remoulade. Louisiana One-Drop (I prefer over Crystals)
Shot of something ELSE!

GROUND!!!!!!!!!

Just in time for your Saturday night DC op, too ... I've never eaten conch, myself ...

any of you been making sausage at home? ... more specifically, anyone have opinions on the attachments for Kitchenaid's versus something standalone? ...

I don't have a sausage stuffer (wankey wankey), but I do have a pretty powerful Kitchen Aid, with the meat grinder (wankey, again) attachment.

I have to confess. I'm not very satisfied with the meat grinder. It jams up often, sometimes it pastes the meat.
I don't know if the sausage thing is just an attachment of the grinder. If so, I'd do a bit of research before purchasing.

Disclaimer: I've also had success with the meat grinder. It's just hit or miss. I'm probably doing something drunk and stupid half the time I'm using it. I love our kitchen aid. It's a good one.

I've never eaten conch, myself ...

It's wonderful.
Conch fritters are awesome.
Conch salad is so damn good, I love making it with fresh chilies.
Cracked conch is just conch meat that they run through a tenderizing machine, punching little holes in it.
You dip it in evaporated milk and then cracker meal, and then deep fry it.
Perfection.
The meat is sweet (like a mix between clams and shrimp, but better than that sounds, less fishy), slightly chewy, but tender at the same time.

It's gonna make a great po' boy.

Shot of something ELSE!

GROUND!!!!!!!!!

WOW!

Fitty you're just crazy for conch!

You're craving it more than John Travolta craves massages!

Geoduck po' boy!

geoduck.jpg

Back