food Sandwich of the Month

Great Job FD!

Way to kickoff this months theme! I like the Tomato shot.
I really really really really really want one!

Where's Bear that guy? Did he move on to a funner, younger neighborhood...
where the Pizza flavored Combos are plentiful, and the Moms are more vulnerable?

Fresh unpressed Cuban bread falls apart in your hand with heavy ingredients. I dig 'cept the bread FD you know that fell apart don't lie! It's hard to even cut in half without breaking it.

Fresh unpressed Cuban bread falls apart in your hand with heavy ingredients.

Not when it's very fresh.
The ends of this one were a little crumbly, but it didnt fall apart.
Maybe our Cuban bread is a little different. There's lard in it.
Our diners serve plenty of Sammy's on unpressed Cuban without incident.

So there...

FD stole my mojo. That is the po-boy I was going to do. Back to teh drawing board. Don't worry though, I will bring the spiceenesxt!

I'm so........ inspired, FD. While at the stoh this afternoon decided I should give this PoBoy thing a try, and mayhem will ensue tomorrow. And if it (ahem) doesn't fit THE TB's definition of a PoBoy, so sad, too bad..... ;)

That Bad Boy Po' Boy

Remoulade and some o' da veggies:
P1010190.JPG

I kept the remoulade pretty simple: mayo, whole-grain dijon, filé powder, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, worcestersire sauce, cayenne powder, and coriander.

Pepperidge Farm whole-wheat hoagie bun (they're soft, just like I like 'em...), remoulade, cabbage, and tomatoe:
P1010194.JPG

Fried catfish and blackened shrimp:
Seasonings in both included cayenne powder, paprika, mace, garlic, sea salt, oregano, filé powder, chile powder, thyme, cumin, and nutmeg. Could be more, that's just the way I swing...
P1010196.JPG

Top it all off with hot pickled okra and aji habanero rings:
P1010198.JPG

Refer to JayT's signature if you want to know how eating it went..... :lol:

P1010199.JPG

I removed the sig G sorry. I think it was something like "it was hard to get it all in and a mess ensued, but it was worth it." Awesome sandwich. That fish and shrimp looks amazing and I am sure the crunch of the veggies goes perfect with it. Not sure about the bread, but hey, nicely done.

Holy mother of all 'thangs sammich G!

Now that's a custom po' boy!

I love everthang about it.

Fire your editor Dan Quayle.

There's no "e" in tomato.

Go gemme, nice breading on da fish, dry and crumbly like 'spose to be on cat, well seasoned. The cabbage looks like the waxy outer part of the cabbage, if that was the inner crunchy part I'd jump through the screen.

The cabbage was a mix, but not the outer-most layer, which I removed. I cut it a bit too thickly, so decided to steam it a tad then chill it. Still crunchy, but not too difficult to bite into.

A classic Geeme Sammie......Fresh & Full of Flavor!!!!!

Nicely played Sweetie....nicely played!!!!!!

Extra points from me for the hot pickled okra!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ok, it's official - you guys are a BAD influence on me!

In addition to that PoBoy last night, I had a sammie for lunch today - GASP! Yes, a grilled egg, ham, and pepper jack cheese sammie. That's twice in one month, and we're only 4 days into it..... I blame you if I get fat now! ;)

PS - And yes, I still consider a grilled egg, ham, and cheese sammie to be a type of grilled cheese sammie.... just sayin'.

Yo Geeme's so fat she gets on the scale and it says "one at a time please!"

Insert your Geeme's fat jokes here.

This is a bad Idea...

Lots of love G.
You're a good sport, but even fiddy has his limits.

So damn tempting....

"I'll bet she..."

Nope, not gonna jump in!

Back