food Sandwich of the Month

I got one for ya! Tex-Mex Sloppy Joe

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs 81/19 ground beef
1/2 diced onion
1/2 diced bell pepper
2 finely diced serranos
2 Tbs chopped garlic
2/3 bottle Stone Levitation Ale (drink the rest)
i small can tomato sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbs chili powder
1 Tbs cumin
1 Tbs coriander
2 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
2 Tbs Worchestershire
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs hot sauce, I used a bhut sauce

sweat the veggies, add the garlic, add the meat and seasonings and cook until browned, add the beer cook until reduced a bit, add all the rest and cook until the right consistency. Pile on potato roll, add pickled jalapenos, cheddar and jack cheeses, crushed up Fritos. Drink a cerveza and a shot of tequila and shove it in your face.

000_0651.jpg

000_0653.jpg

000_0655.jpg

100_1556.JPG

100_1557.JPG

100_1558.JPG

100_1561.JPG

Show off!

Nah, for real though. Good work! Corn chips, cheese, BEER. Got damn got damn.

I like the sounds that. Mostly cause you tex-mexized the shit out of it. You don't have the sweetness like a sloppy joe oughtta be, but I prefer your way I think. Cumin and chili powder though makes me think it taste like a taco sandwich?

Sheeeit yes Jay. I like it.
'Cept since you used those little tiny Dutch flavored roll thingys, you should have called it a Sloppy Jöey.

Haw Haw. JK

Jay I want to see 4 fat ladies and a team of clydesdales roll up and deliver me about 15 of them yankee born tex-mexificated sloppy jose's.

Its dang near perfecto 'ceptin' it needs more sliced pickled xalapa's on it or 2 or 3 whole ones for bitin' into on the side.

How do you say Chingon! in Amish Pennsy speak?

I'm smoking a pastrami, as I type this.
I'm also making a no-knead dutch oven bread (first time, I hope it turns out!!!! Started it last night!).
I'm also drinking a lot of beer.
This post could go in the "smoked corned beef" thread, "drunken chef", or SOTM.
My plan right now is to make a sandwich.
If things change, I'll move it to the appropriate location.
Either way, it's gonna be good!!!!!!

Here's the dough, resting and rising for a few hours before I bake it.

Here's the smoked pastrami, rubbed with black and white pepper, coriander, garlic powder, mustard powder (garnished on the kettle with a busch light)

Seatbelts on.

White Russians are not flowing yet, so I'll just put this one here ...

Trial run with TJ's pre-seasoned filet mignon roast ...

We roasted it open in a pre-heated oven at 425F for 45 minutes (as instructed) ...

After a 10 minute rest ...

Still with a hint of pink ... I think I'd go 40 minutes next time ...

Soaked the ciabatta with some au jus ...

Assembled ...

Tasty.

I don't know that I have ever seen a fillet mignon roast. Not sure what that is, but whatever it is, I would eat that sandwich. Maybe add a little horsey sauce to it.

Back