food Sandwich of the Month

Stopped working for a little cheese experiment before later on ...

eaf23592.jpg

f5af583d.jpg

too musky for D ... I <3 it, though ...

on to something more like Asiago ... but nutty ...

82246b58.jpg

re-purposed lemon zester ...

ab6db312.jpg

little snack ...

a8d7a026.jpg

sous vide action shot :shh: be waah wee quiet ...

af6630bf.jpg

Yeah quit noodlin' around grant!

Where the hell is everyones SANDWICH?

D's making habanero cream cheese that I'll be using a bit of in my cheese for my sammie ...

The meat is bathing, pasteurizing ... it looks like white bratwurst right now ...

28fb9ede.jpg

I'm having a little treat while I work ...

b8b18ec5.jpg

<3 me sum Dead Guy Ale ...

Especially w/ olives ...

babd3337.jpg

Pre-action, action ...

9def0905.jpg

Who is Keyser S&ouml;ze?

e8ed1e42.jpg

It's an all day affair ... Stage II is nearing completion ...

ready to toss in the freezer for a bit before slicing ... it's been partying for days, it needs a cold shower first ...

c80eeb75.jpg

mustard habanero philly cream cheese ...

81ce7fe7.jpg

a pair of numex big slim, 8-10x thai super chilis, three orange mini-bells, a half stick of butter, an onion, and a pair of garlic cloves got the slow treatment w/ the juices from the sous vide bag ...

294804c6.jpg

and then got some grated montegrappa and a couple of slices of white amerikuhn cheese food culture product in a plastic envelope ...

a177bdd8.jpg

which started to gel like ...

dcb0653c.jpg

and then we added some thinly sliced beef ...

6eda0528.jpg

which got happy quick, and came off shortly thereafter ...

baf317e2.jpg

Piled high ...

9752a414.jpg

Capped w/ provolone and torched ...

788a40f9.jpg

Resulting in ...

f69e609e.jpg

Tasty. Hot but not out of line w/ the design spec. The beef came out like fine roast beef. It definitely topped the prior efforts of mine during the Cuban month.

That looks awesome Grant. I like the meat and melty cheese in the pan bit.
But that bread, dude.... Dry!
It prolly got all soaky soaked with the Philly Filler tho?
worth the wait... i think, :rofl:
Good job!

That is taking the cheese steak to a new level. A sous vid and a torch. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the amount of work that went into this sandwich, but it looks like it was worth it.

That looks awesome Grant. I like the meat and melty cheese in the pan bit.
But that bread, dude.... Dry!
It prolly got all soaky soaked with the Philly Filler tho?
worth the wait... i think, :rofl:
Good job!

on our original shots at cheese steak, we did stuff to the bread, and it felt out of place each time ...

the load is buttery and cheesy enough to not be dry ...

That is taking the cheese steak to a new level. A sous vid and a torch. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the amount of work that went into this sandwich, but it looks like it was worth it.

the reason, is that there are still three quarters of that remaining ... one in it's bag in the fridge to slice for iceberg and carrot and mater asian salads ... and two in bags in the freezer ...

each time, just having to drop the bag into a bath for an hour, and it plops out like time was turned back ...

i've amassed two pouches of chili, one of curry, two of pork, and two of this beef the past two DC weekends ... love having the choice n the afternoon w/o having to produce it on weeknights ...

My only post can be.

WTF OVER?

Its awesome but weird shit-o-meter style.

see above. tasty, while still serving a higher purpose ...

i'm sure i'll get after some w/ soy sauce or worcestershire ...

Stopped working for a little cheese experiment before later on ...

f5af583d.jpg

too musky for D ... I <3 it, though ...

on to something more like Asiago ... but nutty ...

re-purposed lemon zester ...

little snack ...

sous vide action shot :shh: be waah wee quiet ...
My Gawd mon. All that good stuff and pile it on a cracker made from used cat litter :rolleyes: .Sweet mother of Elvis. Dat aint right. :tear:

My Gawd mon. All that good stuff and pile it on a cracker made from used cat litter :rolleyes: .Sweet mother of Elvis. Dat aint right. :tear:

It was just a little taste mission ... to see which of the cheeses was going to go into the cheese steak cheese ...

Crap.

Thanks to you GM now I have to go to home despot and buy me a torch for unethical and immoral purposes in the kitchen.

Don't buy a brulee torch, by a blue tank MF'r when you do ... I've wanted a more powerful one since day one ... I knew better, too ...

Back