food Sandwich of the Month

9620695062_850450b2b4_b.jpg

9617671927_4dbdc965b4_b.jpg

9620908672_15c9c0c4c1_b.jpg

9617670737_01ce9e3693_b.jpg

9620907066_d87d588093_b.jpg

Tuna Salad Melt.

Done.

Late night tuna melt. Mustard? Cool. Never thought of that, but it's like a grilled cheese so yeah.

Its Summertime!!

Just look at all the melty schmelty hotnessessess on that tuna schmelt!

Sum, please make 5 more of those for me por favor.

What's the jullianned stuff in the ball jar?

texas blues said:
Its Summertime!!

Just look at all the melty schmelty hotnessessess on that tuna schmelt!

Sum, please make 5 more of those for me por favor.

What's the jullianned stuff in the ball jar?

Pickled Onions. Was gonna throw them in there, but bailed on it after throwing the cheese on before melting. Didn't need it at that moment.

How about a little challenge .......

Asian food is mostly thought of as noodles and rice with "stuff"; Asians aren't really known for sandwiches. Naan aside, how about an Asian Fusion sandwich? No naan or PITAs allowed, and no traditional Asian - this is fusion! Two pieces of bread, leavened. Decide what kind (making it may be best) and what keeps an Asian flavor theme that goes inside. Research encouraged! Is there a modern-day sandwich somewhere in Asia that is a blend of non-Asian and Asian flavors? Go for it!

Have a look for banh mi Vietnamese rolls.

Whew.

What with all the grillin' and que'n, Labor Day party'n 'n all, and not to mention back to school for the kiddie's, I reckon we need a little respite and a breather and need something easy for September SOTM.

Therefore, I declare September SOTM ~ Cold Cuts

geeme said:
<<<< :Sits down in lounge chair to watch:

Sorry G.

I really wanted to go with the asian/hum bao/banh me 'thang but I'm reserving that one for a less busy month. 

Peep's would have to do some serious research on that one.

No apology needed, TB. I completely agree - September is a very busy month, so it's a good choice. I just don't do cold cuts, partially because of flavor (lots of them have either BP or WP), but also because of the ridiculously high salt content. So I'll be on the sidelines for this one. Carry on!

Oh, and for those not in the U.S. ~~~ "cold cuts" are prepared sandwich meats, such as bologna, pastrami, salami...... you name it. Here they come pre-sliced for sandwiches, as well as in bulk form. 

I hear ya' G.

I myself rarely eat meat much anymore I still get a craving for some things. 

Like a really good bologna sammich. 

And mrs. blues has to have her smoked turkey and black forest ham.

Back