• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

SeeMyGrowLog

Today my season has officially begun. I have the first pod set from one of my Afghan Long:
2199001.jpg

This is all I have left indoors:
2199002.jpg

Because the 2 small greenhouses are full:
2199003.jpg

I haven't had any O-Habs germinate so I bought 4 plants from my local Bunnings.

2199004.jpg

Oops, blurry pic.

The daytime weather has been quite good lately but still some coolish nights so I'll be leaving them in the greenhouses for another couple of weeks, except for the 2 Jalapeno scouts that I've put in dirt.....

First plant into earth in the SH?? :lol:

Seems just a few weeks ago that these pics were coming in from the NH...

Nice one, mate!

Nice work mate, looks like a good start to your season! What temperatures are you averaging at the moment in Melbourne? no doubt you are quite a few degrees warmer than down here!

There's a few Queenslanders with some in dirt long before mine. Melbourne is down South so our winter is a little longer and colder.

We've been getting quite a few days in low 20s TomTom, even hit 29 last week. Still dropping to around 10 degrees at night (app. 50F)

Good one mate...our winter is still craking here in Perth....80k winds today the norm for the last few months. Its been a long one for us here! Got the grow room going all small but goodish plants! Cant wait for the warmth!

wishing you a great season SYJ...actually for all in the southern hemisphere...

your plants look very happy...

Scorpion said:
Good one mate...our winter is still craking here in Perth....80k winds today the norm for the last few months. Its been a long one for us here! Got the grow room going all small but goodish plants! Cant wait for the warmth!

Gee I hope they don't make it all the way over here. We had quite a few windy days recently and I'm hoping no more to come.

AlabamaJack said:
wishing you a great season SYJ...actually for all in the southern hemisphere...

your plants look very happy...

Why thankyou AJ, hopefully the Aussies can give you plenty to look at after your bumper crop has run it's course. The plants seem to be loving their temporary home and hopefully will do just as well in dirt.

I finally got some more plants in dirt over the weekend:

51009001.jpg

4 Jalapenos and 2 Serrano in this pic

51009002-1.jpg

And some smaller ones, 1 more Serrano, 2 Tabasco and 2 Cayenne Ring of Fire.

I've got heaps of pods on the Jalapenos already so hopefully I'll get some ripe before Christmas time. The larger Serrano is starting to flower but I'll be pinching until it gets a bit bigger. My Afghan Long is doing well, the longest pod is as long as my index finger(not including stem):
51009003.jpg

Hopefully I'll be munching on it soon...
One of the Tabasco took great offence at being put in direct sun, I was watching it wilt before my eyes, so I covered it up for a bit with a bucket. It must have been shaded in the greenhouse because none of the others were bothered. I hope to have more pics next week....

I got some more plants in dirt this weekend:

11109003.jpg

1 Afghan Long on the left, and 4 Dorset Nagas. I've left a spot for the Afghan Long that's been living indoors but it needs hardening off so won't be going in just yet.
It's desperate for a new home but I don't want to kill it. Also left a spot for another Naga when it gets a bit bigger.

11109004.jpg

5 7Pot Yellow and 3 7Pot Jonah, oh, and my fat head.

Good stuff, JImmy. I also missed outon my OHabs germinating... and had to resort to buying from nursery as well.
I prob wont be into ground as soon as you... hell we've had 2 forst all ready in the last week. The damn weather sucks right now.

Hey looking good Jimmy, I've been a bit slow getting mine into the dirt too, cause of this shitty spring weather, but just finished 2 off 12mtr x 2 mtr raised beds today, so as long as the weather is ok ...in they go tomorrow

Thanks all. Weather was starting to look good here but it's rained heaps since the weekend. A few leaves on the Nagas are looking a bit shitty so I might have to prune a few.
Should I wait for things to dry up first or go the hack now?

Back