• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately...the only tequila I like is Porfidio...well...before they sold out. But margaritas make my teeth hurt, and when I'm trying to get drunk...that just gets in the way.

Teeth hurt? Why are they colder? Oh you mean frozen, okay. A marg is not frozen, a frozen marg is frozen. ;)

Kind of, Hispanic is not Mexican.

This will be Mexican, and takes on Mexican as in Cal-Mex, Tex-Mex, New Mexican, etc.

This shouldn't need to much defining. Mexican is Mexican. Tex-Mex is cheesy/meaty, Cal-Mex is giant burritos, but it's all Mexican.

Yes! Homemade salsa.
I guess opening a jar of Pace salsa and adding a piece of a bhut wouldnt exactly be homemade , i guess i'll have to step aside on this challenge too. But i sure look foward to the receipes you folks whip up. Good luck everyone.

Seriously.......... Either you're pulling a Paulky or you're bluffing, 'cause no WAY you can't make salsa.

Pico de gallo, the simplest salsa, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos... not entering because you can't chop some veggies is a cop out!

That would be my favorite salsa. Other than a little lime juice, cilantro, and garlic, you really can't improve on that in my opinion.

Must be a joke about the Pace salsa, this is a cooking contest so... old man... hope you are in!

Teeth hurt? Why are they colder? Oh you mean frozen, okay. A marg is not frozen, a frozen marg is frozen. ;)

Naw...I don't dig on sour stuff...makes my teeth feel like sandpaper. My idea of a margarita would be tequila with lime juice and habanero...wait...that actually sounds good...

Lunch Box, I posted a recipe in the Chili drinks thread. jalapeño, lime juice and tequila. Yesterday I tried it with a Habanero... hmmm I liked the flavor, I was getting little hints of peach, obviously they were peach habs.
But I think I like it with jap's better. There's more meat in a jap so when you muddle the lime and jap, there's more pepper flavor. They're both good tho, cuz I'm feelin' it this morning! seriously, try it!
I'm calling it the "Grito Verde" (Green Scream)....
1/2 jap
1/2lime
muddle
2 oz tequila (el Jimador Silver)
shake w/ ice
strain, pour, drink!

P.S. Can't wait for September, to do my first TD!!!

Lunch Box, I posted a recipe in the Chili drinks thread. jalapeño, lime juice and tequila. Yesterday I tried it with a Habanero... hmmm I liked the flavor, I was getting little hints of peach, obviously they were peach habs.
But I think I like it with jap's better. There's more meat in a jap so when you muddle the lime and jap, there's more pepper flavor. They're both good tho, cuz I'm feelin' it this morning! seriously, try it!
I'm calling it the "Grito Verde" (Green Scream)....
1/2 jap
1/2lime
muddle
2 oz tequila (el Jimador Silver)
shake w/ ice
strain, pour, drink!

P.S. Can't wait for September, to do my first TD!!!

Sounds good...too bad Texas law dictates liquor stores are closed on Sundays. Welcome to the Bible-Belt. :(

LB, It's the same here in Washington, but we can still get beer and wine at the grocery stores. Our liquor store has been running these gift boxes of elJimador gold that comes with 2 glasses in the box. really cool glasses, I have 8 of them now....

FD4, Nope, (ss) the lime and the Jap flavors really comes thru. not bitter at all, it's kind of like a 'poor-man's' margarita. You can play with the heat by removing/leaving the seeds, I recommend leaving them, but like I say, Grito Verde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These aren't the cool glasses but here's a picture of the drink
doesn't it look innocent?
39ea7958.jpg

That looks like it would be terribly bitter.

No simple syrup?
I never use simple syrup, either. I suspect Americans in general are more addicted to sugar than they realize - it's not always really needed, you just have to figure out the right balance of other ingredients for your personal tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back