contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing in that recipe adds any sweetness though.

I take your word if it tastes good, but I would prefer it a little sweeter than I gather that one is. Maybe a drop of agave nectar...

Either way, good lookin drink!

give it a shot, couldn't hurt. Agave nectar is great stuff!! It should be down the honey aisle in the grocery store.

you try that, I'll try one without sugar. I'll do the drink the way it was posted!
I have some really good tequila that I have just been drinking on the rocks. Small batch, Anejo, 100% agave stuff.

Don't get me wrong...I don't like oversweetened stuff either...

On another note...are we just planning on mexican influence and homemade salsa? Any other rules so far? Can it be mexican fusion?
(basically, are avocado and carnitas egg rolls topped with homemade salsa and queso fresco eligible?)

...not that I was going to make that...

THP already said that TexMex etc is allowable. Probably better get an Official ruling though.

And, THP, will it be the usual Fri-Sun or extended to Mon for the holiday weekend?

DeVille, I have GOT to try that recipe! Got a few fataliis ripening~~~ maybe a combo jal and fatalii???

Why can't you make salsa??? Don't they sell tomatoes, onions, and limes in NY?
the complete quote was:
I guess opening a jar of Pace salsa and adding a piece of a bhut wouldnt exactly be homemade , i guess i'll have to step aside on this challenge too. But i sure look foward to the receipes you folks whip up. Good luck everyone.

i was making a joke. but i can whip up a mean margherita and do a mean Pace salsa spiced up. anything further and it something from a resturant or a take out joint. My stove gets dusted and my winter clothes are currently stored in the broiler(another joke for those of you that are too serious)

I figured that was a joke. Get a rope!

I don't suppose I could talk you out of this, could I? :rofl:

A bit of advice......get married, but live next door to each other. You'll be happy forever! ;)

Yeah, and it's really beneficial to go dancing twice a week,

You go on Saturday night, and your husband goes on Friday night. ;)

give it a shot, couldn't hurt. Agave nectar is great stuff!! It should be down the honey aisle in the grocery store.

you try that, I'll try one without sugar. I'll do the drink the way it was posted!
I have some really good tequila that I have just been drinking on the rocks. Small batch, Anejo, 100% agave stuff.

Don't get me wrong...I don't like oversweetened stuff either...

On another note...are we just planning on mexican influence and homemade salsa? Any other rules so far? Can it be mexican fusion?
(basically, are avocado and carnitas egg rolls topped with homemade salsa and queso fresco eligible?)

...not that I was going to make that...

Deal! The key is ALWAYS good tequila IMO!

Thats exactly what I was going to make lol!!!!!!!
no, not really...

I was actually kind of thinking of making a mexican Saurbraten, with aztec schnitzel, and some spicy mexican spatzle, with spanish sauerkraut.
That's a mexican infusion right?
ok ok I'll take my meds.

THP already said that TexMex etc is allowable. Probably better get an Official ruling though.

And, THP, will it be the usual Fri-Sun or extended to Mon for the holiday weekend?

DeVille, I have GOT to try that recipe! Got a few fataliis ripening~~~ maybe a combo jal and fatalii???

Name the place...
Name the time...

Know where we can get a 1/2 gallon size shaker?

The only person who can say,
i guess i'll have to step aside on this challenge too.
and nobody believes is TB.

But he almost ALWAYS enters anyway. Doesn't step aside much!

Bring the pico old man!! Let's see what you got!!!

I'm bringing out my inner Mexican for this one. It's gonna be a crowd pleaser.
(My inner Mexican is much more fun than my outer Mexican, especially since my outer Mexican is a narsacistic white guy)

No way no how I'd miss this one. Been a tex-mex fool my whole life. I'll be putting the paietus to it.

SoFlo will gather mucho bonus points for a pic of Bear in a sarape wearing a sombrero drunk on tequila. Could possibly WIN with that alone without actually cooking anythang tex-mex or mexican.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back