contest September TD Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, but you have competition on that one. We should do rock-paper-scissors to see who gets to use it...:lol: I am thinking about breaking out the flank steak for this one. :dance:

Nice to have you back around, Pauly.

THP, did we get a hint on the dates? Fri-sun or fri-mon?

This thread is woefully lacking in smack talk. tsk. tsk. tsk. Jay going with flank? This ain't no london broil throwdown. Skirt steak or death!

Pi-tosh. Skirt steak would be the we're-a-Mexican/Tex-Mex-restaurant-and-we-want-more-profit-from-our-customer's-wallets-than-we'd-get-with-flank-steak approach. Flank steak would be the OH-YEAH-WE-KNOW-RED-MEAT approach. I know which one I would vote for!

Well I happen to like skirt better than flank.

Jay knows too. He marinated and grilled my skirt steak using his rub at my casa. It was so good it never made it to the tortillas. We sliced and ate it right off the cutting board. Some of the best meat I ever ate. Then again, we were drunk on tequila. :lol:

Made some killer skirt the other night, did some on-the-grill quesadillas, yup, but ended up eating a lot of the sliced skirt first.

It's one of my favorite cuts.

Me too, but there is a lot more meat to the flanks around here. With the right marinade it tastes just as good.

LOL - Guess my subtle SMACK was a bit too subtle!

Actually, I like both equally, as long as they are prepared according to my preference. With skirt being as thin as it is, I find that when I'm eating out it is frequently overcooked. But hey! No food cooked by someone else on THIS thread!

I just finished roasting, and peeling 20 pounds of NuMex Hatch Green Chiles. My fingers are burning...and I still haven't figured out exactly what I'll do with them in the TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back