• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

Great harvest, Surfer!

Fine selection and variety for sure.

I noticed that you are using narrow strips of plastic as a man-made mulch: Is this working well?

Appreciate the comments fellas.

Is that a Naga Morich low and left on the left plate?

You're close, it's a Dorset.

I noticed that you are using narrow strips of plastic as a man-made mulch: Is this working well?

Works fine and weeds are rare, other than the odd few that find the plant hole. The middles are landscape fabric and were covered with wheat straw, but the rain kept flushing the straw downhill and I got tired of replacing it.

Enough for a dehydrator load.
Harvest7-11-10.jpg

There are some Douglahs, Yellow 7s, Brain Strains, Scorpions and Dorsets in this pile.
Pods1_7-11-10.jpg

Pods2_7-11-10.jpg

ohh another pepper grower who is about to have his first 7 pod brain strain, yeah!! Nice crop of many pepper shapes and colors, don't dehydrate all your pods you need to eat'em and give reports on flavors and heat levels. We need to know. :D :mouthonfire:

Thanks, they all won't get the dehydrator treatment and I'll definitely be sampling the fresh supers, but no vids on this funky dialup connection.

POTAWIE, that's a Kentucky Beefsteak, a very fine sandwich mater.

Awesome Sunday morning grow log. Its obvious you take pride in your gardening. Your log shows that you enjopy it too. Thanks for sharing S_S. Really inspiring.

Dang SS, once you start picking peppers you don't fool around. Are any of these off of the big tub plants? Curious as to how they're doing.

Thanks fellas.

Nice harvest SS, but where's the Jack???
Oops! :oops:

Dang SS, once you start picking peppers you don't fool around. Are any of these off of the big tub plants? Curious as to how they're doing.
I think I picked 2 Scorps and one BS off of the tote plants, none from the Douglah tote yet. Those 3 supers are doing OK, but the manzano isn't liking the heat and has stopped growing and has no pods, unlike the ones closer to the porch roof with more shade. Definitely need shade cloth to raise proper pubes in this climate and am already thinking about setting up a shaded area for next season.

Beautiful harvest. Hope I can get something like that this year. I dont know if I could look at all of those at the same time. Id be stupid and try to see what two or three of the super hots are like eaten together. Ive sentenced my tongue to damnation!!!! lol Very nice.

Thanks for the reply SS.

A wise man is always looking ahead for ways to improve his productivity. I have a feeling the shade idea for next season's manzanos is going to pay huge dividends. Best of luck to you bro.

WOW! SS you out did yourself there! :onfire:

Those look like some tastey maters...mmmmmm

I can only hope to get a harvest like that!

All compliments appreciated guys. :)

Great harvest!

I thought the yellow pepper in the lower left was a Fatali, I guess not?

Yes it is a Fatalii, the Dorset mentioned was on the previous page from a prior harvest.

My pod pickin's will come now every 4 or 5 days, depending on how lazy I feel in the AM b4 the heat gets unbearable. I'll give my modem another workout within the next few days and post a plant update.

Back