• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver Surfer's 2010 Grow

Those Marconis are great peppers. I can't wait for mine to ripen up so I can stuff them with some venison and chow down.

That little harvest made you kill the JD SS? You need to make a run quick, based on how well your gardens doin'. :D

Plants are lookin' great. :P

Nice looking harvest you have there, it reminds me that I have to get out an harvest a bunch of peppers too. I've got a bunch that have just been turning colors lately. Is that a rhode island red you have in the background? It kind of looks like one, but I can't tell for sure.

Thanks WGB

Those Marconis are great peppers. I can't wait for mine to ripen up so I can stuff them with some venison and chow down.
I must get your recipe, have plenty of venison in the freezer.

That little harvest made you kill the JD SS? You need to make a run quick, based on how well your gardens doin'. :D

Plants are lookin' great. :P
Thanks, the live soldiers stay in the freezer. :)

Nice looking harvest you have there, it reminds me that I have to get out an harvest a bunch of peppers too. I've got a bunch that have just been turning colors lately. Is that a rhode island red you have in the background? It kind of looks like one, but I can't tell for sure.
Thanks Matt. Had to go back and look as didn't realize one of my chooks slipped into the shot. Yep, good eye, she's one of four RIR hens. Check out this thread.

great harvest SS....hope it is not as hot there as it is here...

Thanks AJ, probably not as hot as the past few days have been hovering around 97 and we're supposed to cool down to the upper eighties/low nineties for a short while starting Saturday.

Peppers are doing their job is appears. Sorry to hear about the tom's SS. The past couple of days it's been damn near 100F with 95% humidity. If you step out of an air conditioned building you can feel the air hit you. Today thank goodness it stayed below 90F

Todays harvest. Maters are bout done for. Blight and heat have taken their toll.
Harvest7-15-10.jpg
That's better. Nice haul SS.

Silver my friend, congratulation guy, :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have spent more than one hour to see all your diary posts but,worth it :)
You are a very well organized chillihead, I liked the way you have prepared the soil with that black plastic, it is new to me.
Could you please tell me what is the advantage of this plastic? is this to avoid bugs or to keep the soil wet?
You have made a very well combination peppers and flowers together, I belive it makes the peppers more happy :lol:
Really amazing guy, I do not need to wish a great harvest cause, for surely you will get :)
Sucess my friend and take care ;) :cool:

Thank you one and all.

Hello Brito; the plastic mulch retains moisture, suppresses weeds and also warms the soil making an earlier plant out possible. There is a drip irrigation system under the plastic. I hope that answered your question and thanks. :)

This mornings pickin's
Harvest7-19-10.jpg

First ripe Manzanos. At least I think they're ripe cause I'm not sure if these are the yellow, red or orange ones(faded labels).
Pods7-19-10.jpg

Twin penos.
Pods2_7-19-10.jpg

The different types of corn I'm growing or trying to grow since the big blow.
Corn7-19-10.jpg

Back